I glanced over at him and he smirked, placing his hand on the small of my back and I inhaled a shaky breath before I spoke, "Not really but I'll call him eventually. Not right now."

Donald nodded his head in what seemed to he approval and K-Ci kissed his teeth, waving us off, "Whatever. I'ma call him. I'm a real friend. Watch out, Dalvin." He moved him aside to get to the phone on the small corner table, picking it up and dialing what I assumed to be Pac's number.

"Real friend? What the hell is that supposed to me—", I started to say but he just held his hand up, cutting me off.

"Yo! What's up, money? Heard you got out of prison and all that. Just wanted to say I'm happy for you", K-Ci spoke into the phone and Donald kissed his teeth. K-Ci and Donald weren't exactly on good terms but they were cordial enough to tour together, I guess. "No problem, g. Listen, me and the guys would love to collaborate wit' you on ya' new project if you down... Okay, okay, cool! I'll let'em know. Aight, peace", he said before hanging up the phone. "PAC WANNA' WORK WIT' US, Y'ALL."

"Whaaaat? Nigga, you lyin'", Dalvin replied in disbelief.

"For real. He wouldn't say yes to you. You ain't even send the nigga a postcard", JoJo chimed in, shaking his head.

K-Ci scrunched his face up, "Man, so what? You know how many letters that nigga probably got from all the groupies he done fucked? Not to mention fine ass Jada. She ain't got much ass but I could work wit' that."

"You'd work with anything", I mumbled.

K-Ci glanced over at me, "Okay, Miss Stuck-on-the-same-nigga-that-I-ain't-even-fuck-yet."

I gasped while Donald choked on the smoke from his blunt as Dalvin and JoJo's eyes widened before exchanging glances at each other and bursting into fits of laughter.

"Damn, you gon' let him do you like that, Rho?", Dalvin inquired, instigating as usual.

I rolled my eyes, "Fuck him. He's just mad because people I like actually like me back. No matter how hard you hit on a female, they swerve on you like a deer in the road. You ain't nothin' but side nigga material."

"That's fine wit' me. Shit, I don't like commitment no way. All I want is to fuck and gone 'bout my business", K-Ci shot back.

I scoffed, "Which would explain why you got the clap about five times already."

"What?", K-Ci asked while everyone else started laughing. He then whispered to himself, "How the fuck she know about that?"

"Don't nobody wanna' work wit' Pac", Donald suddenly stated and it grew silent as Dalvin and K-Ci exchanged glances.

Dalvin spoke up, "Shit, speak for yourself."

"Nigga, you a groupie", Donald said with disgust.

Dalvin just shrugged, "And you a fake ass Smokey Robinson. Tell me somethin' I don't know."

"You the charity case of the group", Donald replied.

K-Ci and JoJo attempted to conceal their laughs but air in their cheeks and tears in their eyes gave them away.