35.

(a week later)

DeVante.

We all sat in the studio, recording the last track of the Sista album which included Mary, K-Ci, and Virgina putting down some vocals.

Missy had written a song and told me she wanted to put it on the album so, here we were, working together to make it happen. As usual, she never disappoints me with her creativity. The track was phat.

La'Shawn and Mary had already done the first verse. Really, I only wanted Mary's ass on the track. I should've listened to Rhonda a while back when she was tryna' remove her stupid ass from the group. I shook my head at my thoughts, sitting at the soundboard as Missy stood inside of the booth, her body tense while she adjusted the headphones over her ears and cleared her throat. She gave me a nod to let me know she was ready so I played the track back and watched as she sung her part for the chorus.

"The feel of your lips, the touch of your hands, the warmth of our bodies. No one will understand."

She repeated it again, her eyes landing on me as she sang the second time around. Why the hell is she looking at me? Gon' make shit obvious. I cupped my chin within the purlicue of my right hand, growing agitated and feeling stares from Tornado and Tim but I ignored it, deciding to entertain her since she was carelessly showing interest in me.

Smirking slightly, I leaned back in my chair, shifting my lower half to get comfortable while thrusting my pelvis upward and running my tongue over my lips.

She quickly adverts her gaze to my lap as she started to go into the verse, "Come on, baby. Let me rub your skin. 'Cause tonight is the night true love begins. Imagine the love, that we could share. Now or an hour later, I won't care."

I couldn't help but chuckle, shaking my head while I turned around in my chair to look at Virginia, gesturing for her to go in next because the more Missy stayed in that booth singing to me, the more Tim would catch on to whatever the fuck was going on between us. Really it wasn't anything going on, but you know women. Always getting emotionally attached after one encounter and shit. I didn't mind it, though. I was used to getting that kind of attention from women, especially the ones I worked with.

Once Missy came out of the booth, we made brief eye contact before she walked past me to sit in Tim's lap. Typical. I whistled awkwardly, spinning back around in my chair before playing the track back for Virginia so that she could add her vocals on top of Missy's. All the while, I could hear mumbles beside me, assuming he was asking her about what whole staring ordeal. After all, she wasn't being discrete.

I sighed, seeing movement in my peripheral before feeling a tap on my shoulder, glancing up to see Tim standing beside me with his jaws clenched. Here we go.

"What the fuck goin' on, D?", he asked.

I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly, "Nothin'. Recordin' this track. What it look like?"

"You know what I mean", he replied dryly, clearly becoming annoyed with my sarcasm but I continued to act as if I didn't know what he was referring to.

I shook my head, "I really don't."

"Yes the fuck you do! And you gon' tell'em!", Tornado blurted out as he stepped from around Tim with his chest puffed out.