36.

Rhonda.

SWV had an interview scheduled today with Video LP and of course, they had Madelyne Woods as our interviewer. I huffed, frustrated as I sat in the chair, getting my hair and makeup done in our dressing room, trying to stop my heart from racing. The last person I wanted to see was Madelyne's ass. I didn't really have the patience for her attitude and smart remarks—at least not today.

"You okay, Rhonda?", Leanne asked, looking at me with concern as she sat next to me getting her hair curled. I just nodded my head, offering her a reassuring grin, which was strained.

No, I was not okay. And quite frankly, I wasn't ready to be in the spotlight again but here I was, preparing to be filmed for television. The only reason I was even going through with it was because it wasn't fair to the girls. They needed a income and didn't have side jobs like I did. No production skills, so really, this group was all they had when it came to resources for making money.

Tamara pouted as she glanced over at me, reaching over to rub my back, "It's gonna' go by so fast, I promise. And besides, Madelyne got another thing comin' if she thinks we're gonna' let her pull the shit she did last time. We're here this time, alright? We got you."

I smiled, letting out a soft laugh as I nodded my head, feeling a bit more relaxed, "Thank you, Tammy."

There was a knock on the door.

I glanced over in its direction as our manager I had finally decided to hire opened it, allowing Madelyne to walk right in. She switched her hips in her white skintight dress, smiling brightly while heading directly toward me with a sheet of paper in her hand. Oh, Lord. I braced myself for whatever it could be because if she was this excited, I can assure you it wasn't going to be good news. She poked her ass out a little too far as she leaned forward to hand me the paper, almost falling forward but I prevented it by lifting my hand and placing it against her face, pushing back in the process.

"Thanks. You can excuse yourself", I said dryly, glancing down at the sheet of paper as she stood in front of me, her lipstick smudged around her mouth and along her nose. She was furious, quickly turning around to shimmying her way out of the dressing room. The door closed behind her.

Leanne and Tamara snickered amongst each other before they got up from their chairs, practically running over to me, speaking at the same time, "What is it?"

It was the order in which the show was going to go, which we already established. So why would they feel the need to put it on paper? I shrugged, handing Tamara the sheet, not even bothering to read over it.

Tamara and Leanne looked over the sheet, reading aloud, "We're going to premiere the video while we do an interview with Madelyne." She rolled her eyes and continued, "Says here we'll be joined with another group for the interview due to pressed time. Oooh, I hope it's Jade! I've always wanted to meet Joi. She's soo pretty."

"Ooh! Or En Vogue! Those four bitches can sing", Leanne chimed in, smiling excited and me and Tamara both stared at her. "What? At least I didn't say hoes. I was trying to be polite." I laughed, shaking my head before focusing on the Vanity mirror in front of me, taking in the work my stylist and makeup artist were doing. I look good.

I was curious to see which girl group we would be teamed up with, hoping it was Sista so I could see Melissa. I hadn't had the chance to meet with her since she was in Los Angeles recording the album. She said she was swamped with writing songs and helping 'DeVante'. I guess he was leaning on her for insight since I was no longer around. I sighed heavily before getting up from the chair, walking alongside the girls to leave out of the dressing room and down the long and narrow hallway to reach the studio we'd be filming in. I adjusted the oversized Lakers jersey I had been wearing as a dress, my hair slicked back into a ponytail with my baby-hairs styled and the rest of my hair dangling down my back, complimented by large silver hoops and customized white, purple, and yellow Jordans. I decided to keep it simple, not really trying to dress up and cause too much attention to myself. Hopefully it'll pay off.