40.

DeVante.

My eyes fluttered open slightly, feeling forceful winds that caused my body to glide back and forth as an unusual amount of pressure was felt directly on the top of my head. What the hell happened? The last thing I remembered was being knocked out after Suge tried to make me sign his bogus contract. With my vision still blurred, I awaited for my eyes to adjust, chills on my arms as I shivered from the cold air that was hitting against my skin. Once my eyes focused, I had realized something was off. I was outside, for sure. But everything was...upside down? I leaned my head forward, feeling a strain on my neck as I saw that my ankles were tied together by a rope that was knotted onto the railing of what seemed to be a balcony. I continued to observe my surroundings in a panic, seeing that I was dangling from what had to be at least the 38th floor of a building over a busy street that was flooded with moving cars and pedestrians. I yelled out while squirming and trying to reach upward to grasp onto the railing but it was completely out of reach. Fuck! I could hear talking in what I figured was a hotel room of some sort, growing silent since I had seen enough scary movies to know its best not to cause attention to yourself when trying to make an escape.

"I'm sho' gon' miss that pretty mothafucka'", I could hear one of the guards say.

Suge and the other one chuckled.

"For real. I'm serious. I used to make niggas like him my bitch back in the pen. Shit, I'd turn his ass out if you wasn't cockblockin' so damn hard. Wit' them pretty eyes...Mm", he added and I almost threw up in my mouth. What kind of bullshit

Suge chimed in, "I ain't gon' stop you now. He about to die anyway if he don't sign this damn contract. Rip his ass open and make him regret not takin' the easy route if he refuses. After that, we gon' take some pictures of him and release that shit once we let him go. He'd be too embarrassed to go to the cops right away. By that time, we'd already have him exposed. Then before he even gets the chance to talk, we take him out. Simple as that."

My eyes grew wide as my heart began to beat faster than it already was, which I didn't know was possible. These niggas are sick and just flat out crazy. A tried to steady my breathing but that failed, my cellphone beginning to ring in the pocket of my jeans and I quickly reach into it to take it out, pressing the answer button and hoping that they didn't hear anything. They were silent. Shit.

"Yo, you heard that?", the same weird ass guard asked.

Suge's voice could be heard shortly after, "Nah. You trippin', man."

"You ain't hear that? Sounded like a phone was ringin'", he said.

Suge responded to him with a hint of sarcasm, "Yeah, it was yo' psychiatrist. Looney ass nigga. Shut up and draw a card."

Were these niggas really playing cards as if they didn't have a person hanging from their balcony? I was flabbergasted, hearing someone yelling on the phone, which I had almost forgotten I answered. Quickly placing the phone against my ear, I could hear Mike talking.

"DEVANTÈ", he called out. "See, I really gave him the benefit of the doubt when people told me he was slow. I heard he flunked kindergarten."

I furrowed my eyebrows, taken aback before speaking in almost a whisper while putting my lips close to the phone's mic, "I can hear you, you dusty bitch."

"DeVante! Hey, buddy ol' pal! How's it goin'?", he said, trying to play it off as if he didn't just insult my intelligence.

I kissed my teeth, deciding to just brush it off since
I was sure I wouldn't have much time to talk, "Listen, I'm in some trouble. Suge and his boys took me and now I'm hangin' from a fuckin' buildin'. I need you to—"

' 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗦𝗘𝗡𝗗 𝗠𝗘 𝗦𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗜𝗡 ' › D. SWINGजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें