36 ½.

Rhonda.

"Wait. Can you play that back?", Pam inquired as she stood in the booth, adjusting the headphones on her head. I nodded, sitting the chair positioned in front of the soundboard as I watched her through the glass. Pressing play, she began to sing into the mic, "Take it to be the front. Swing it to the side. Bring it on back. Now, that's what I like." She sung the chorus again before going into the first verse. "I feel your body callin' me, and I like what I see. Lemme' take you for a ride. And if you got the time... Baby, let me drive. I'll have you rollin' for the rest of the night... Take it to the front, baby." I held my thumb up, letting her know she was in the clear after trying about six times to get it right. She smiled, doing a little dance and I laughed, shaking my head as she removed the headphones, exiting out of the booth. Tanya, Stacey, and Debbie had already laid down their vocals and went out to go eat lunch so there was just me and Pam in the studio trying to finish up the track. I hadn't realized she behind me until her hands gripped the backrest of my chair, spinning me around so that I was facing her.

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking up at her in confusion then suddenly, she straddled onto my lap, catching me off guard, "Uh... Pam, what are you–."

"Shhh", was all she said before leaning down, revealing the straps of the g-string had been wearing and planting a kiss on the corner of my mouth.

What the fuck is happening right now?

I placed my hands on her hips, pushing her back but she wouldn't move, only continuing to trail kisses along my jawline. I moved my head a bit and she huffed, sitting up to look at me, "What's the problem? I know you feel the tension between us." She slowly grinds her hips forward as she sat on my lap, "Shit, I know I feel it."

"The only thing I feel is uncomfortable. Can you get off of me?", I said, growing irritated as I pushed against her hips once again and she finally got up, kissing her teeth with a look of annoyance and folded her arms over her chest. I sighed, feeling kind of bad about how I worded it, deciding to rephrase, "I mean, I'm not saying that I'm not flattered, because I am but... I just don't get down like that." I gave her an apologetic look and she stood there, embarrassed. I adverted my gaze elsewhere as the vibe between us became awkward before hearing the door to the studio open.

Walking in with a wide smile on his face, K-Ci made sure his presence was known, throwing his arms up, "Yo! Where the hoes at?!" Once he caught a glimpse of Pam, he pulled his shades down to the tip of his nose, looking down at her ass and smirking. "Uh oh! I think I spot one!"

"Excuse me?", Pam said as she turned around to face him, placing her hands on her hips and stared him down.

He stood there for a moment before quickly fixing his shades, frowning up a bit, "Never mind. I thought you looked better than that."

"Nigga, please. You just mad 'cause I don't want you", she shot back, rolling her neck in the process.

He laughed, shaking his head, "Nah, I'm mad because you look like an elbow. Out here trickin' niggas and got the nerve to get offended. Bitch, I'm the one who should be offended. Got me wasting compliments. I should knock yo' ass—"

"Cedric!", I called out, cutting him off before he could finish, my eyes wide as I looked at him.

She kissed her teeth, rolling her eyes before turning to me while pointing toward K-Ci, "So this is what you like? I don't even know why I bothered." She scoffed, bumping him with her shoulder on her way out.

"We not even together!", I blurted but she was already gone. This girl is crazy.

K-Ci was looking at me with this smirk on his face as he stepped closer, "But we could be."

"Boy–", I started to say I watched him pull up a chair, sitting across from me.

He shrugged his shoulders, "What? The only reason you got played because you picked one of them light-skinned niggas. Didn't you learn anything from Kim's situation? DeVante done Al B. Sure'd your ass, minus the whole baby with the unibrow—."

"Cedric."

He raised his hands as a gesture of surrender with his shoulders hunched, "I'm just sayin'. You need some K-Ci in ya' life. Show you how a lady should be treated."

"What? Like the way you treat Mary?"

He sat there with his jaw dropped, placing his hand over his chest as he leaned back in his chair, "Rhonda, I'm shocked."

"Boy, please. You just as much of a player as 'DeVante' is. It don't make a difference what shade of brown you are, y'all all full of shit."

He remained quiet for a moment, nodding his head before leaning forward, propping his forearms up onto the armrest, "I'll tell you what. You let me take you out on one date and if you like it, we can go on another. If you don't then.." He trailed off, shrugging his shoulders, "I'll respect that."

"You'd really throw away your friendship with Donald over a date? You crazy, you know that?"

He chuckled, smiling, "Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. I don't know. But what I do know is he ain't know how to handle you."

"And you do?"

Nodding, he ran his tongue over his lips, smirking, "Go on a date with me and find out."

As tempting as getting back at Donald sounded, I couldn't allow myself to do it, only because I cared about K-Ci. Donald was like his brother and if there was some type of drama formulating between the two of them, it could ruin not just their friendship but their careers. Jodeci would probably split up if things got out of control, and knowing them and their bad temper, I was sure it would.

"I don't know..."

He sighed, nodding his head, rising from his chair, "I understand. Just think about it, okay?" I nodded, watching as he leaned over, titling his head to plant a soft kiss on my cheek while he gripped the armrests of my chair.

"What the fuck?!", I heard someone say. K-Ci quickly stood up straight, turning around with wide eyes as he saw Mary standing in the doorway and boy did she look angry. So much for no more drama.

I groaned, getting up from my chair, honestly tired of all the hateration holleration, "Look, it ain't what it looks like. I don't even like him like that."

"Yeah right! And to think I was about to come in here to apologize and offer to use my last Burger King coupon on your ass just to take you out to lunch. You know what? You can have his scrony ass. Nigga so skinny, he just falls into your pussy."

What?

He kissed his teeth, speaking up to defend himself, "I ain't fall in because I was skinny! I fell in because you loose! Pussy wider than the Grand Canyon!"

"Whoa!", I shouted.

They ignored me, Mary suddenly lunging at K-Ci, punching him in the right side of his head with her lips pressed together and he held his arms out, trying to push her off.

"Motha. Fucka", she said in between blows before he had finally had enough, pushing her hard to where her wig had come off while she flew back, falling onto the carpet.

I stood there with my jaw dropped, speechless as she lifted her hands to her head, feeling her scalp and gasping once she realized her wig was no longer there. She grunted, huffing as she got up, her eyes focused on him.

"Chill, chill, chill!", he yelled, backing up as she began to charge at him, looking over at me. "Rhonda, do somethin'!" Before I could reach her, she had already made her way over to him but didn't quite get the chance to hit him because he hit her first. Ooh. I know that hurt. Stumbling back, she cupped her hand over her eye, wincing and groaning and I walked over to her to see if she was okay but she just slapped my hand away before picking up her purse and running out of the studio, leaving me and K-Ci staring awkwardly at each other. He twisted his lips slightly, glancing around the room and tapping the pads of his fingers together, "So...about this date..."