13.

When the news broke, we were in Jodeci's hotel suite going over the next show we had at Rosemont Horizon in Illinois while the tv flashed images of Tupac in the background

When the news broke, we were in Jodeci's hotel suite going over the next show we had at Rosemont Horizon in Illinois while the tv flashed images of Tupac in the background. We had already done a show at Madison Square Garden on the 5th and tomorrow, we were to catch a flight this time instead of riding on the tour bus. For some odd reason, Donald seemed to tense up at the mention of a flight as if he had never been on one before, and I know that he has. I didn't ask him about it, though. Maybe he was just stressed about something.

"Ay, check it out! It's Pac!", Dalvin blurted as he stood in front of the tv with his Scooby Do pajamas on. I shook my head, focusing my eyes on the screen instead of the childish attire before me.

"Turn it up, turn it up!", K-Ci said, getting up from the couch while JoJo pushed himself to the edge of it to get a better view of the tv.

Rapper Tupac Shakur has been released early this morning after serving 9 months for a rape charge against him. Though there was no evidence of DNA to pin him as the suspect and there were only allegations to carry the case, he had been founded guilty and was convicted for the crime committed.

I was happy for him though we had fallen out after Jada told him about the fight on the set of Temptations. He claimed I was putting people he loved in danger with my drama and he wasn't having it, saying that we'd be better off if he minimizes my access to the record label and put Dre in charge until his release. I didn't abject. It gave me more time to help Donald with Swing Mob anyhow.

Speaking of which, Sista was currently split apart while Melissa did her own thing, occasionally working with Donald for songs like Tony Thompson's Slave. That was the only one she agreed to collaborate for though. Other than that, she's been writing for the female group 702 and the princess herself, Aaliyah. She was finally able to be as creative as she wanted to be without dictators like Donald hovering over her. Don't get me wrong, he was a great mentor but he wanted too much control. It had almost gotten to the point where everyone left the label but with a bit of communication, I was able to keep it from falling through. Elgin was working on his demos along with Playa and Sugah. Elgin had changed his name from Wonderful to Tornado only to change it to Ginuwine—I just hoped that this time he'd actually keep it.

"Hello!", K-Ci called out as he waved his hand in front of my face. "You gon' call his ass or not? That's yo' friend, ain't it?"

Donald just scoffed followed by a chuckle before taking a pull from his blunt and leaning back on the cushions of the couch then kicked his feet up on the coffee table.

He thought he was so cool now since I had permed his hair and plaited it upon his request. Now he was dressing, talking, and walking different; smooth as butter.