Chapter 34-Leaving

Ameerah's POV

Ameerah's POV

It was like a dream.I still couldn't believe it that i'm going to be a mother, and that too with twins.And here, their funny father is killing himself with happiness.He has already filled the store with so many flowers and glitter alphabets ready to decorate the house, including baby welcoming pictures and stickers.I just don't have energy to scold him.

Ammi and Uncle Kareem had come.They were too happy and were making me feel so awkward with all the intensive care.Ammi told me it's normal for me to feel stressed and heavy, since it's the first and twins for that matter.And since i have a small stature, it will be more difficult for me.

As for my Family, Afaan had informed Waleed because he was shy to call my Dad.And Waleed had informed Mom and Dad.Their greatest excitement was evident since then and at present, they are all planning to come in two days.

Talking about the present, Afaan was out to meet Aasim.I was praying everything was alright but he assured me he would take care.

He warned me to be careful and to avoid strenuous activity and also to be careful how i eat to avoid choking .I keep needing frequent little-snacks which annoyed me myself and Afaan never gets tired of supplying them.

I was eating a part of the chicken Pittas that Ammi had made for me when my phone rang.I smiled seeing it was my husband Afaan, calling.I picked up and he spoke.

"Hello, can you hear me? Listen...I made a promise about something and it's..It's difficult.But i would like you to accept it whatever it turns out to be ,please".He stated.

"What's that about?", i asked but he insisted he'll tell me when he comes back.

"Alright then, a promise should be fulfilled.And also , if you think it's right.. i'm fine with it.I said and he agreed and hung up the call.

I wondered for a moment what it could be, then I smiled and continued enjoying my pittas.

***

After Ammi had left, Afaan returned and he looked worried.My joints were paining but seeing how worried he looked, i managed to walk to him where he was washing his face in the wash-hand basin.

"Ammi left you dinner". I said but he didn't respond.
"Your favorite".I added and this time he nodded, without looking at me.

"Did everything go well with Aasim? I asked in a worried tone.He continued to wipe away the water in his hair.

Before i knew it, i felt tears and he turned in alert.

"No! Don't...It's not good for your health".He said now looking at me with red eyes.

"You've been crying yourself".I replied and he suddenly looked away.