Chapter 11-Things falling apart

"When did you grow to do things like this Aasim?", Afaan asked

"When did you grow to do things like this Aasim?", Afaan asked.I breathed silently as i moved towards the door to listen well.I was eaves-dropping on their conversation, because i had to.

"The day you became inconsiderate".Aasim replied him and my mouth opened in shock.I was beginning to tremble and i fear they would hear me, but i remained still.

There was silence for a moment and then Afaan spoke again."Fine, you can leave.But keep in mind that i'm not leaving Shukrah for a single night in cell, that too because of that girl.I'm releasing her today".

"Oh cool, because you are king that's why you can break the law?, You can't do this to Dad".Aasim replied his voice sounding serious.I began to sweat profusely.The conversation was heating up."You..."Aasim continued but Afaan cut him off.

"Aasim who are you to question my decisions"

"And who are you to treat an innocent girl like that so unfairly?", Aasim replied sharply and i covered my mouth trying hard not to make a sound.

"Is she your wife or my wife?", Afaan asked sounding angry.

"She's your wife but i'm not gonna stand here and watch you maltreat her.She's my friend, sister and queen.I'll take your leave, but before that i'm going to promise you that no matter how you try, you are not going to be able to take her out of that cell until she repents and promises not to call you again.I don't care if she's your girlfriend or something".Aasim stated out in his ready-for-trouble.

"And i'll promise you that i'm never going to let her stay there for one night, i don't care if she's your friend or sister, what i want you to understand is that Shukrah is much more important to me than your so called friend.Now please leave!"

I quickly hid in a corner next to where i stood as Aasim came out slamming the door and walking off straight in anger.I'll have to go and talk with him before he does anything insensate .I left the corner and headed to his chambers.

--
"I beg you Aasim, please don't do anything that will anger Your brother again.Please let Shukrah out, please".I begged standing next to him.

He looked at me and sighed."Your highness i've already made the promise, so i can't break it.And please stop begging, it breaks my heart to see you doing that".