Jealous

Allison's heels stomped furiously throughout the sparse halls. She got a few wolf whistles from the patients in the cells she passed, though most were asleep by now. She paid them no mind, all the while gritting her teeth. She wasn't angry though, despite how she might appear. Allison was scared. She picked at the skin around her fingers and let out a shaky breath as she arrived at her destination. She practically threw open the cell door and barged in on the man who was already waiting for her; a smug look plastered on his face. 
         She threw the destroyed envelope down on the table and they both looked at it. Allison struggled with her own speech. Her mind fumbled over all of the questions equally deserving of answers. When? Why? She finally decided on one. "How?" She asked desperately. "Miss me, darling? Couldn't stay away, could you. You see, I knew you--" "How." She cut off his ridiculous ramblings before they could fully begin. She certainly sounded angry.         
         "Why so serious?" He quirked an eyebrow. "How did you send me this?" He looked around the cold, empty cell, features exaggerated in surprise. "Me?.. Now come on, Alley, let's be serious." He scrunched up his face in an over--zealous stern demeanor before returning back to his previously shocked expression. "I've been in here this whole time. I'm caged, baby. So how could I possibly send you a letter?" He licked his lips. By this time he had already pressed his body up against hers, stroking her cheek as if she were a crying child. She shook away from his touch. Their eyes followed each other as they slowly circled about the small room.
         After a while she voiced her suspicions in a calmer demeanor, still keeping her distance from him. "Well it had to have been you. The only other person who could have taken it was--"  "Jonathon?" He asked. Though his face read question, the deliverance of his voice was nothing far from a blunt statement.
         Their walking stopped, and it felt as though Allison's heart had followed suit. She didn't speak. Couldn't. "He's the only other person that could have gotten.. close enough. Right?" He chuckled darkly. "How did you--" "I have my people, Allison. Well," he scrunched up his face in disgust and began to approach her again. "Second thought, they're more like dogs. Loyal, but stupid. Always prepared to pounce at their master's command. I mean, how else was I going to get you the necklace?"
         Allison could hardly breathe but she managed out, "You've been stalking me?" As much as she meant it to sound intimidating, the lump of emotion in her throat that continued to threaten to move to her eyes only made her sound weak. It made her feel weak, because she was. The joker threw his head back in laughter and clutched at his abdomen, forcing it to die down. "Why?" Allison cleared her throat before the laughter finally silenced. He had his hands on his knees, finding the situation hysterical. "Well I have to keep my little alley-cat safe, don't I?" He stated obviously.
         She swallowed the obnoxious lump in her throat and raised her brow, preparing to speak. "I think you're just jealous." She stated boldly. He rose up slowly and his smile fell. Her heart thudded against her chest so loud she was certain he'd hear. Utter fear overtook her and she prayed that it wasn't legible on her face. His aura darkened and each slow step he took towards her, she took one backward. "Why would I be jealous of that pretty boy?"
         He had her fully backed up against the wall now, though he doubted she would have moved otherwise anyways; exactly how he wanted her. He rubbed his hands gently up and down her perfect waist, holding her green eyes with his own dark ones. His husky voice spoke. "He can't replace me can he?" Her lips parted and for a moment he thought he had her. That was, until a smirk broke out on her plump pale lips. She raised a daring eyebrow. He leaned down and brushed her earlobe with his breath before nipping it with his teeth.
         "Did he kiss you like I do?" She already had chills. He continued to move his surprisingly gentle scarred lips across her uncovered skin. "I don't remember." Lie. 
         She knew damn well that she had never felt anything even nearing to what the joker made her feel.
      "Let me refresh your memory."