Fair Gotham

She can't remember exactly when or how they pulled away. But when she was snapped back into reality, she was in his arms. Not comforting, and yet not intimidating. As if he was unwilling to let her go. She guessed that this would how he would be about most things. And she was fine with it. What she wasn't fine with was the fact that she had just involuntarily given her heart to a man whose name she didn't even know. However, he didn't know he already had her. 
        "What's your name?" She suddenly asked. He looked down at her, slightly bemused at her suddenness. "Why does it matter?" He asked back. A smirk grew on her face, though she tried to fight it. "You don't remember do you?" He started laughing. " Yeah, well.. I never really cared much for titles. Pointless." He tried to cover up his embarrassment. Her smile was unavoidable now. "Well I'm sure that if you ever had a name, I could find it." 
         "And how exactly do you think you could manage that, doc?" "The science of the mind, Mr. J. The science of the mind." She chuckled and got up slowly. "Where do you think you're going?" He stated more than asked. "I'm going to plan out our next session." His face fell and his brows furrowed. "You mean we're going to keep doing therapy? Like none of this ever happened?" "None of what happened?" She joked, raising her brow for a millisecond. He smirked now, but his brows remained furrowed. 
        He coughed, clearing his throat as she backed towards the gate. "You mean you're not even going to let me out of here?" He asked, amusement in his voice as he followed her steps. "Are you suggesting I just let a maniac prisoner escape?" She asked as she re-locked the cell, raising her brows exaggeratedly. "I would never! How could you possibly think I would ever do something as insane as leave a duplicate key under the mattress of a homicidal freak?!" She joked now, them both on the brink of laughing.
        They didn't laugh though, but instead the joker rested his chin against the bars and looked at her. Looked deeply into her. It was as if, despite the many times he was able to look into her gorgeous, sparking green eyes that rested just above the minor hints of eye bags brought on by both her paranoia and insomnia, her pale plump lips forever resting in a smug smirk, the slope of her button nose, he always longed for just another second of looking at them. 
        "Parting is such sweet sorrow~" He joked, pulling away from the bars and twirling around. "I think we're hardly Romeo and Juliet." She said, laughing. "I don't know; two minds, both alike in insanity, in fair Gotham where we lay our scene.. A pair of star-crossed lovers take the lives of many, and do with death bury the confines social rules have set in place." He continued, laughing every now and then as Allison made her way back up the stairs, smiling to herself.