Chapter 33-Aasim; Giving up

Start from the beginning

"Salam Alaikum".I said to the astonished Mr Fan.

He nodded in reply, obviously because he couldn't find his tongue.He was too startled to find any word.

"Relax, i'm here to check on you.I needed to see you because i was missing you after what seemed like a decade".

He smiled and then gave me way in.This was his only flaw.Too kind, too simple and fast forgiving.Who treats his latest enemy so nice like this?I was glad i didn't have a gene like his.Simplicity is nothing but foolishness.

I walked to a three-sitter and sat.He followed and then entered a room by the corner, probably to alert his wife that a man is in.Funny lads.

He returned with a tray of a small tea pot and cups.He then got tins of sugar and spice.I watched him amusingly.He was still the Over-caring Mr Fan i knew.And he was still as handsome as ever, i had to admit.

I sipped my tea and smiled.He asked about Mom and Uncle Kareem and almost everyone at the palace, but asked nothing related to my office.Seems poor Mr Fan has given up.

But i was yet to see what i came for..., Ameerah.I was hoping to see her and maybe i can tell whether she's pregnant or not.But Mr Fan was playing smart.He was not letting me see her.

Suddenly, luck came on my side and i heard her voice calling to him.But it wasn't just a normal call, her voice reflected pain.I got up in alert.

Afaan was already rushing to the room.I tapped my foot waiting impatiently for them to come out.But i lost my patience and followed them in.I couldn't bear her cries of pain.I don't care about the consequences.

She was crying in pain and Afaan was trying to lift her up.None of them acknowledged my presence.Afaan managed to carry her and i got the shock of my life.She was really pregnant.I could see the bulge in her stomach.I stood there as they rushed out.Life must be joking..it's not possible.

I finally founded myself and followed them down the stairs

I finally founded myself and followed them down the stairs.I offered to drive and Afaan got in at the back of the car with her.My face was already red, i wondered if Afaan noticed it.Through my front mirror i watched the helpless girl whom i love so much.She was indeed pregnant, no doubt.

At the hospital she was taken to an obstetric emergency and we waited for her doctor to return.Mr Fan was so scared.I assured him she'll be alright and he softened a bit.

Finally the doctor returned and we followed him to his office.He greeted us the royal way but we had no time for that.Mr Fan asked impatiently what could be wrong with his wife's pregnancy that disturbs her so much.I knew they needed privacy but i just couldn't leave without knowing what's wrong.

"A good news sir" .He replied."These are symptoms of double pregnancy she's suffering from.Sheikha Ameerah is carrying twins".He elaborated.Afaan sighed in happiness.He looked to me and i laughed at his reaction.There were tears of happiness in his eyes.I felt mine creeping up too, but mine are of mixed feelings.I was happy for the twins , but I was jealous they aren't mine.

It's High time i give up.I thought to myself.I may be evil, But not to the extent of stopping my nieces or nephews from having a good life.I closed my eyes as tears of everything fall.I didn't know what was happening, but the news of the twins made me emotional.

By the time i returned to the palace, it was night time.Many of the people asked what was wrong but i just smiled and ignored them.

I lay on my bed and thought.Since the time we were kids, Afaan had been the luckiest.Most loved and most humble.Dad preferred him to me.I wasn't told, but i knew.

He did better both in school and during our sword practice .I used to be jealous and he knew it, but he didn't take it seriously.He loved me more than he loved himself.So many things happened and he was always patient, yet he wins.

I realized patience is the key.If only i had been patient, perhaps i would've win one or two things too.I sighed, sobbed and then smiled.I'VE GIVEN UP.I, Aasim Hussain of Omhajid, has given up.Not only on Ameerah, but also  on the kingdom which was never mine.

I took my cellphone out of my pocket and texted Mr Fan.

Can i please meet you in the morning tomorrow?And what time please?

His reply came after a minute.

Yes.10am can be okay.

I smiled in relief.I decided to pray a naafil and thank Allah for giving me the strength to repent.I asked for forgiveness and prayed for my family to be forever united with love and affection.Finally, i prayed for Allah to bless my brother with the best children in the world.Simple and humble like him.

Turning over a new leaf is not easy, but i will do it no matter what it takes.

I can't believe this story is coming to an end(I'm gonna miss you heart twisters)😢

I can't believe this story is coming to an end(I'm gonna miss you heart twisters)😢.And i can't believe Aasim has given up.#neverexpectedit

Anyways, this story is reaching it's end.I apologize sincerely for my very late update.I'm back to school and things aren't the same.

Thanks a lot for reading💖💖💖
Next chap coming soon...