part 6

-Shaynes POV-

I'm sort of surprised that they all agreed to do this. Flits, Mari and Olivia. I honestly didn't expect it.

When I got there, I was already sweating. I had no idea how to dance.

Courtney already had a few moves down. It might sound creepy, but she looks damn good when she dances.

I get out of the car and meet up with Mari and Flits. Not long after, Courtney and Olivia catch up. Olivia guides us to the room we would be practicing at.

When we get in the room, I notice that Courtney looks really nervous too.

Me: You ready Courtney?

Courtney: Yes. I'm so exited.

She doesn't look exited. She almost looks as scared as I do.

Me: Really? You look really nervous.

Courtney: To be honest, I am actually really nervous. I can't dance.

Me: Are you serious? I'm the one that can't dance. You'll do just fine.

Courtney: Yes, I'm serious. And besides you killed the pole dancing!

Me: Well that's because it's pole dancing. I'm pretty sure anyone can do that.

Olivia: I can't!

Courtney laughs at Olivia's statement.

Courtney: You did amazing on that Olivia.

Courtney puts her hand on Olivia's shoulder.

We soon reach the studio.

Mari: Okay. Now that we are here, we need to discuss what you guys want to do for the audition.

Me and Courtney both look at each other. We never thought about that.

Courtney: Well Shayne said that it could be anything as long as we were dancing to the the song "Serrender" by WALK THE MOON.

Flits: Okay then. We'll listen to the song before we desire anything.

With those words, I grab my phone and put on the song. I haven't even heard the song yet.

I put it on and everyone listened.

It was a great song. It seemed like a great song to dance to.

When the song ended, we all looked at eachother. I saw a smile on Mari's face which I'm guessing is her approving of the song.

Me: Well?

Courtney: I love it.

Olivia: I think this is a perfect song to dance to.

Mari: Okay. Now, what kind of dance do we do. This song could go with many dance styles.

Me: Well I have no idea what to do. You guys are the dancers so you decide.

Flits, Mari, and Olivia all huddle up leaving me and Courtney to silence.

They came back with big smiles on there faces.

Olivia: Okay. It's decided. You guys are going to do a modern dance.

Me: I don't know what that is..

Flits: Oh. This is the easy stuff don't worry.

Flits grabs his phone and shows us a video of what is looks Like and to be honest, it doesn't seem as difficult as I thought. Maybe this won't be as bad after all.

Olivia: Yeah. You guys will do fine.

Flits: Okay But before we do any of that, we should probably stretch.

We all get into clothes that we can actually dance and move around in and started to stretch.

I wore sweats with a white tank-topp. Courtney wore black shorts with a plaid shirt tied around her waist with a white tank top.

When we finished our stretching Olivia and Mari took Courtney to a corner of the room and asked her to show them what she already knew with dancing so that they could work off of that.

Flits did the same with me. I felt really pressured. I mean, all I knew was the "hit them folks" and I have to say I think that's the most embarrassing dance in existence.

⬇ Reference photo ⬇

Me: Yeah. I don't know anything.

Flits: Okay. Then let me show you a few things and you try to repeat me.

Me: Okay. I'll "try" to repeat you.

Flits seamed to find that funny cause he had the biggest smile on his face, laughing.

Flits: You will do great. I'm sure of that. But seriously. Let's do this.

Flits' positive attitude made me feel better about myself.

I looked over at Courtney. She was showing them a dance she did in her vines a few times as a joke.

⬇ Reference photo ⬇

⬆ Courtney's vine ⬆

⬆ Courtney's vine ⬆

I thought it was hilarious so I started to laugh. When she heard me laugh, she laughed with me.

Courtney: Whatever Shayne! I don't see you doing anything.

We both laugh again.

I think this is going to be really fun. Because of Courtney.

I finished trying to repeat Flits. He said that I did good but I wasn't too sure.

Flits: Okay. So now that I know what you can do, I think you can do a lot with your body.

Me: Really?

Flits: Yes. But another thing that will help you when you're dancing, is getting comfortable with your body.. and your partners.

Me: What does that mean?

Flits: It means that you need to get closer with Courtney. Emotionally and physically. I know you guys already have a really close connection and we all see that.

Is he saying that me and Courtney connect more than the others?

Flits: But when two people are dancing together, there's always another sort of connection between them. It's strong and it's beautiful.

Me: So, are you saying that I have to get more comfortable with Courtney's.. body?.. in a non sexual sort of way?

Flits: Yes! That is exactly what I'm saying. Except she's going to do the same thing.