part 7

-Shaynes POV-

Me and Courtney were both brought back to the center of the room.

We decided that we would do a tango dance. It sounds like what they ment by "something sexy."

Olivia: Okay. That went well. I think you guys will do great. If we work hard enough.

Mari: Yeah. I think so too.

Me and Courtney look at each other. We had never thought that we would have to do something like this.

We both smiled at each other and then looked back at the others.

Flits: I think that, now, we should just work on some of the basics. So you two, get close.

Me and Courtney get chest to chest. I wrapped my hand around her waist, She puts her hand on my shoulder and with our other hands meeting, we were in the most cliche tango pose.

Olivia: Guys! This is modern, not tango.

Flits: Okay guys. You need to do this. We only have a few days. We have no time to spare.

With those words said, we got got close for the second time.

We looked at each other, eye to eye. Our faces were so close, our noses were about to touch.

Me: Now what?

Mari: Now we dance.

With a whole lot of "stepping on each other's feet" and "tripping over each other" we slowly got better and before I know it the dance really started to come along.

There was a lot of choreographed things that I had to remember but doing it as much as we did. I don't think ill ever forget.

When I dance with her, I see the gracefulness in Courtney's body. I'd never seen her move like that before.

I think I understand the connection thing Flits was talking about earlier. It feels amazing.

-Courtneys POV-

I have never seen Shayne dance like this. He usually chokes around when ever he's dancing but now he's being serious about it. It's so new to me.

He looks good when he's dancing, too. Just imagine what he'll look like when he dances by the end of this.

When we end our session, we all get a drink of water. Me and Shayne both smell like sweat so we need it.

Shayne looks exhausted. His face is red.

I go to the bathroom to look at my face. I looked so bad. My face was even redder than Shayne's.

I washed my face with water to cool down when Mari walks in.

Mari: Hey, you did good today.

Me: You think So?

Mari: Yeah! You both did great. At this rate, You guys are gonna kill the auditions.

Me: Thank you.

Mari: No problem. Don't you guys have to read some sort of lines in front of a camera for the auditions too?

Me: No actually. Well, something like that. I guess we have to tell a story.

Mari: What does that mean?

Me: I'm not too sure. I guess we'll figure that out when the time comes.

Mari: Hmm. Sounds pressuring. I guess it's a good thing I chose the gaming not the action.

Me: Haha. I guess so. Well I should be going now. Thank you again Mari.

Mari: No Problem. It was fun.

I leave the bathroom and head back to the studio to grab my things.

I see Shayne sitting on a chair drinking his bottle of water. My stuff was right next to him. I walk over there to get my things.

Me: Hey, Shayne. Nice dancing today.

Shayne: Oh thanks.

He said that with a smirk on his face. As if he was trying to look super cocky.

I don't think he knows I'm being serious.

Me: Really, Shayne. You did awesome.

Shayne: Thanks Courtney. I guess you weren't bad.

I lightly hit his shoulder but then he covered his shoulders and started laughing.

Me: Well.. Umm. 🙁

I pretended to look sad. He patted my shoulder and smiled at me.

Shayne: You were actually really good, Courtney. Seriously

I smiled back at him.

Me: Thank you Shayne.

All of the sudden I had a strong urge to ask Shayne something.

Me: Hey Shayne?

Shayne: Yeah?

We both look at each other in the eye.

Me: I need to ask you something.

Shayne: Okay?

Me: Do you think that me and you connect more than the others?

Shayne: I mean, it seams to be what Wahlid thought. But Yeah. I do kind of think that.

Me: Hmm... Don't you think that could lead us both to getting fired?

Shayne: No, or at least I don't think so. I mean, Ian knows that we both think of each other as brothers and sisters.

Me: I guess you're right.

I didn't think of him as a brother to be honest.

Shayne: Hey. Do you want a ride?

Me: I think I'll just take in Uber. But thanks anyways.

Me and Shayne grabbed our stuff and started walking outside of the building. Once we got outside of the building I saw Shayne walk away to his car. I felt like Shayne has already done enough for me so I chose to take an Uber even though I really didn't want to take one.

Now that I think about it, I really don't want to take an Uber. That's the last thing on on 

I yelled over to Shayne in the distance.

Me: Hey Shayne!

Shayne looked back at me.

Me: I changed my mind! I want a ride from you.

I walked over to him next to his car.

Shayne: What made you change your mind?

Me: I just remembered how much I hate taking Ubers.

Shayne: Okay. Get in.

I get in the passenger seat and he walks over to the other side of the car and gets into the drivers seat.

Shayne: Why'd you choose to take an Uber in the first place if you hate them so much?

Me: I just felt like you've done a lot for me recently and I need to stop asking you for so much.

Shayne: You don't need to be sorry, Courtney. I want to help you.

He put his hand on my shoulder and smiled.