Chapter 18 - "Do you often show up at guys' doors in the morning with food?"

Start from the beginning

"No, no. It's fine," Knox said. He collected himself. He tried to erase his shock and put on a neutral look.

"I have to work earlier then I thought," she explained. His eyes went down to the food cart. She continued. "I also rethought us eating together in public. Even though it would simply be friendly, people might jump to the wrong conclusion. I don't want to cause trouble for you or me."

"Do you often show up at guys' doors in the morning with food?" he asked.

"Only the rich ones," Sky said.

He stepped aside. "Come on in," he said. He helped pull the cart in to the room. "I'll be right back."

He disappeared into the room to put on a shirt and quickly brush his teeth. When he came back out, Sky had opened the door to his deck and pulled the cart out. She was sitting in a chair, looking out on the water.

"It's beautiful," he said, taking in the sight of the Grand Caymans for the first time.

The shallow water took on a clear turquoise color and it gently swept up onto white sand. The buildings past the edge of the water were brightly colored with a few bungalow looking buildings mixed in. He could see a boat from the ship, taking people to the dock.

"If I had thought my plan through at all I might have realized showing up at your room in the morning with food might not be the best idea," she said. There was a hint of an apology in her voice. "It might send the wrong message."

"Yeah, I might get to thinking you might like me," he joked.

"More like I'm using you for your balcony," she said.

"Well, it's not the first time I have found girls at my door."

"So I get to join the ranks of your slutty girl fans. Thanks for that," she said.

"You are the first to bring food though." He reached over to lifted a silver dome from a plate.

"Ha, I win then," she said.

"How much do you think I eat?" he asked incredulously, looking at the piles of food on the plates covering the cart.

"I didn't know what you liked, so I brought a little of everything," she explained.

And a little of everything was right. There was four different types of eggs, every type of meat, multiply choices of bread, including a cheddar herb bagel. There were three different flavors of yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, two omelets, croissants and Danishes and five different types of juice.

"Does the kitchen know you took all of this?" he asked, taking a cup of orange juice.

"I know a guy," she said. She grabbed a piece of toast and opened a small jar of jelly.

"This isn't my favorite stop," she explained between bites of bacon. "It's mostly ritzy shopping and fancy hotels."

"No horse and buggy to get you around?" Knox asked. He tore off a piece of bagel with cream cheese. They were both facing out, his feet propped up on the railing, Sky's half folded under her.

"Definitely no horse and buggy here," she said. "But you should get out and explore. I'm sure there is some fun stuff."

They both turned when they heard the door slam and saw Marcos walking towards them. "What's this? You brought me breakfast?" he asked.

He dragged a chair from inside and taking a seat at the table. He grabbed an empty plate and started to pile food on it.

"I tried to tell Knox I really brought it for you, but I couldn't keep him from eating it" Sky said.