Chapter 3 - "Here I am skipper."

There was a knocking on Sky's door as she finished putting her clothes into a drawer.

"Coming!" she called out. She pulled door open and found a guy dressed in the cruise uniform. She recognized him, having probably worked a cruise with him.

"Louis wants to see you in his office," he said.

"Thanks," she said. She quickly changed and grabbed her room key. Sky paused at she left her room and pulled the door shut. Long hallways extended out on either side of her. The ship had a complex layout but she can become accustomed to them over the years. Rounding a corner, she heard voices and found a group of people at the elevators.

"Hey Sky," a girl said when she spotted Sky.

"Hey Bee," she said.

"I didn't know you were working this trip," Bee said.

"It was last minute." 

"I heard Louis was all up in arms over some people not being able to make it," Bee said.

"That sounds about right," Sky said. "I'm on my way to see him now."

"Have fun," Bee said sarcastically. The elevator rang and Sky stood back as Bee and the group of people she was with got on the elevator going down. Sky pressed the up button and waited.

"Sky!" a voice called out behind her. She turned and saw a head of bouncing blonde curls coming her way.

"Jules," she said. She braced herself as the girl threw her arms around her.

"Are you so excited?" Jules asked. She was practically dancing on her toes. "I heard Knox Hamilton just got on board and someone has already spotted Lauren Tate!" Sky smiled, this was right in line with Jules' personality. She had been talking about this cruise since the rumors started flying. Her excitement had mirrored Anders when she got scheduled to work it.

"Do you know what you are doing yet? I'm overseeing the evening events. I already checked and they are so good!" Jules said. "I'll be setting up an interview with an author and the fashion show. Can you believe that?"

Sky didn't have time to answer before she started to talk again. "Oh oh, and on the final night I am helping out with the big concert featuring all the musical artist on board! Knox Hamilton will be performing! I could just pee my pants out of excitement!"

Sky laughed, throwing her head back. "I'm not sure that will make the best first impression."

Jules didn't even hear her, lost in her daydream of meeting all the celebrities. "What are you doing?" she asked again, this time pausing to let Sky answer.

"I don't know yet. I'm going to see Louis now."

"Good luck," Jules said. Her excitement dropped a bit. "I heard he is in a foul mood."

"I'm not worried," Sky said. Her elevator arrived and she stepped on. "Louis is all bark and no bite. You just have to learn how to block out the noise."

When the elevator stopped, she exited into chaotic sea of orange. Everywhere she looked, there were people holding their life jackets, all moving in the same direction.

"I am not wearing this, it clashes with my outfit!" Sky overheard as a teenage girl say as she passed with her parents.

Sky slowly made her way against the flow of people, noticing everyone seemed to have better hair and be better dressed then the regular passenger. She had heard rumors of how much the rooms on this cruise were being auctioned off for and the wealth of the passengers was apparent.