Chapter 20 - "Great, you can come and wait with me."

Sky sat in a chair towards the back of the lounge, watching as Knox connected his guitar to the sound system.

"Ok Knox just play and sing until we tell you to stop," Garrison called out from the small sound booth.

"You got it," Knox said. He quickly plucked his strings to make sure it was tuned.

"Fly me to the moon

Let me play among the stars," he sang out.

Sky watched and listened as the mic went up and down and the guitar came in and out.

"Sky how does that sound?" Garrison called out.

"The right speaker seems a little weak," she said.

Knox's smooth voice filled the area and she caught sight of people passing the lounge trying to look in and see what was going.

"Sky?" She turned to realize she had been so caught up in listening to Knox she hadn't been paying attention to Garrison.

"Yeah?" she asked. She turned to face him and block out Knox's singing.

"Move to the other side and see how it sounds over there," he directed.

She stood and moved to the opposite side of the lounge and listened. This time she focused on listening to the quality of the sound instead of the actual music. She turned and gave a thumbs up.

Sky spent the next fifteen minutes moving throughout the room, helping with the sound system. Knox throughout this time stopping and starting songs to adjust settings on his guitar.

"Ok, I think we got it," Garrison called out. "Just play a little more so I can check one thing."

"I've got sunshine on a cloudy day

When it's cold outside, I got the month of May," Knox sang.

Sky turned towards him and found him looking at her, a smile in the corner of his mouth as he sang. She couldn't help but smile back.

"Ok. We got it," Garrison called out, but Knox kept playing.

"What came make me feel this way?

My girl (my girl)," he sang, singing his own echo.

Sky laughed and moved towards the stage.

"Singing that about your girlfriend Bianca?" she asked as he put his guitar on its stand.

"She is often referred to as a bundle of sunshine," he said. He hopped down from the small stage. "What time is it?"

"Almost five," she said.

"No," he groaned. He grabbed her hand and stopped her from walking away. "Don't make me go."

"What?" she asked. Her eyes darted down to his hand wrapped around hers.

"Dinner," he said. He started to walk towards where Marcos was propped in the back, Sky's hand still in his.

Marcos had his feet up on a chair and his head hanging back, his eyes closed.

"Manorexic?" Sky whispered with a concerned face.

Knox gave her a confused look. "What?"

"It's okay. I know a lot of stars struggle with their weight," she joked.

"I'm less concerned about the dinner and more concerned about who I will be sitting with," he explained.

"Oh that's right. I heard the cruise line pimped you out for dinner time," she said with a grin.