Chapter 11 - "I prefer worshipfulness, but I'll forgive you this time."

"And when I got to the bottom of the mountain I tried to stop but my board just flipped around and kept moving," Liz said. She gave a small embarrassed laugh. "I sailed straight through the doors in to the lobby. Thank goodness they had motion sensors."

"I had a hard time stopping my first time snow boarding too," Knox said. "Marcos over here wasn't made for snow boarding. He is to top heavy." He pretended to whisper behind his hand to Liz. All the girls close enough to hear, laughed.

"The first time I went snow boarding, Shaun White told me it was all in the knees. That really helped," Bianca said. She was  two rows up, half leaning out of her seat in order to stay a part of the conversation. "Shawn usually stays at our cabin whenever he is in Vail."

"Wow! Look at that!" someone said. Knox looked out the window to a sight of white sand and bright blue water. As they drove through Mexico, they had passed several little villages with bright colored houses and dirt roads.

The conversation with the girls had moved from one vacation event to the next. Knox liked that everyone was participating and it wasn't just him talking.

He looked towards the front of the bus and saw Sky laughing with the other cruise workers. A few minutes later, her voice came over the speaker. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are nearing the Runes." Her voice was cheery. "One thing, it is a very warm day so make sure you don't push yourself to hard. We have complimentary Bali Cruise Line water bottles for you, but you have to pay for the water." She laughed at her joke. "Just kidding, that is also free. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and stay hydrated."

When the bus came to a stop, everyone started moving. They grabbed backpacks and bags they had brought and made sure they had sunblock on.

"Do you want to add another layer?" Knox asked, looking at Marcos's red shoulders.

"I don't think my skin can absorb any more," Marcos said. He tried to rub the white cream into his skin.

"Hola!" Sky said. She had a bright smile as she greeted the tour guide. Over the years she had been working on the cruise ship, she had been able to pick up Spanish. "¿Comó estás?"

"Bein, bein. ¿Y tú?" the tour guide asked. The tour guide had grown up in the area hearing stories about the Runes that had been passed down for generations and now shared them with the tourist. "So many young girls," the tour guide exclaimed. She watched with big eyes as the girls got off the bus. The crowd of tourist Sky usually brought were families and middle aged couples.

"Sí. It's because of him," Sky said. She pointed to Knox.

"He is very handsome," the tour guide said.

"And very famous," Sky added.

She waited until everyone was off the bus before she introduced the tour guide. "She will be our tour guide today. She grew up in this village and has some amazing stories to share with us," she said.

The tour guide made a small introduction and then led the way to the base of the Runes. She shared stories about the original Mexican tribes and the history before she led the way to the small entrance at the base of the large stone pyramid. The group was released to explore.

"I walked into a spider web!" a girl screamed.

"It smells," a girl close to Sky complained. Sky walked past her, wondering why they bothered coming if they were just going to complain. She got her answer when Knox came to stand by her as she studied a stone wall covered in symbols.

She gave him a quick sideways glance. "What do you think so far?" she asked.

"It's amazing! We like to boast about how advanced we are today, but I see things like this and I'm not so sure how advanced we are," he said. His voice full of wonder.