Chapter 15

I am finishing up washing some plates when Mama & Papa come in. Daniel comes running in. Papa chases after him as if he were a monster. He shrieks as he runs to Mama. Papa picks him up and spins him around.
I watch them. They look happy. Mama comes to help me in the kitchen.
"Marce, go relax. I'll make dinner."
Mama pushes me into the living room with Chano & Daniel, who are playing horsey. I go and sit on the couch. I go to the TV and turn it on. My favorite show "Chavo del 8" comes out. I used to watch this at Luis' house. Then I remember Luis. He was holding my hand but I lost him. How did I lose him? I start getting tears but I wiped them away. I feel like it was my fault. If I would have held on to his hand, he would be here, with me right now. The one I loved...gone. This will always stay in my heart. I will have to live with this all my life. I will not forgive myself. Mama breaks my thoughts as she calls me to go eat. I am not hungry but I do not want to worry my padres. I sit next to Chano. We are having beans & rice and homemade flour tortillas. They look like what I ate back in Mexico, but it was not the same. They taste different. I eat very little and place my plate in the sink. My parents finish right after me. Chano is still eating. Daniel sits at his chair. I walk in to the living room and sit on the couch. I look out the window. I see the moon full and bright. I wish I could see Luis once again....