You're Here Now

Joelle's P.O.V.
" Layla, what the hëll," Landon huffs out and I look at Layla from behind him. She looks terrible.
" Landon ," she groans and I push pass him to walk in.
" Layla what happened," I ask concerned more than anything and she grabs her stomach.
" I'm sober, I promise," she slurs and I go and wet a rag.
" Sober My aśś, Layla you're ruining more than just your own life do you understand that," Landon breaths out and I go to Layla who's laying on the couch.
" Are you drunk Layla," I ask and she shakes her head.
" I just feel sick," she calls teary eyed and I look at her. Really look at her to see if I can see any source of a lie.
" When did you start feeling like this," I ask and she groans holding her belly in pain.
" Oh Bull shït Joelle she's fine. She's high, drunk or both and is looking for a handout towards her next fix," he demands and I just look at her.
" Layla how long have you felt like this," I repeat and she tries to see to breath.
" A couple of days. My head is pounding and I feel dizzy. I thought it was morning sickness," she calls and I can see the water bridging her eyes.
" She's not lying Landon. She's sick," I instruct and he looks at me blankly.
" Where's the money Tara gave you Layla," he asks and I turn to her.
" I payed off the rest of the money to Jack," she answers and he shakes his head.
" So, you're done with him then," he asks and she nods.
" I gave him everything I owed. I'm done," she answers and then grabs her stomach again.
" You need to go to the hospital, we need to make sure everything's okay with you and the baby," Landon announces and I nod.
" I agree," I state in almost shock because I thought Landon would let her curl up and die before trying to help her especially after what I just told him.
" no, I'm sure it's fine," she assures and I shake my head.
" You look sick," I call and Landon rolls his eyes.
" I'm tired of this shït come on," he demands and then picks her up bridal style. She groans a bit but doesn't put up much of a fight.
" stress ms. Lanes. Stress and pregnancy doesn't go well together," the doctor calls out and I look to Layla. " Keep on your vitamins, diet and proper sleep," he demands and she nods.
      " Now that you've figured out that situation you should be fine," I call and she holds on to her stomach.
       " No stressing ms. Lanes this should be a happy time," the doctor smiles and then walks out of the room.
     " You guys thought I was drunk," she states more than asks and I turn to Landon.
       " One of the many options we were debating," he claims and she sits up.
" I wouldn't do that to my baby," she assures and I get up. " Tara came over and dropped off some money. I was sick so I looked sick. She called to tell you you're right about me. That I'm a drunk or drug addict. Maybe both and I don't care about anyone but myself. I didn't call her because I know what she thinks about me, I knew she would do this," she breaths out and Landon nods.
" That's what I thought Joelle, I thought you would prove me right. She was concerned about you. Asked me to see if you needed help. Maybe you've been calling he wrong person all this time," he answers and she looks confused.
" she was worried about me," she repeats and he nods.
" Layla, you should have told me. About your situation back then. We could of got help," Landon calls and she has a tear streaking her face.
" Nothing can help the image of waking up and losing everything. Not telling you was one of the only decisions I could live with. Keep the image of me being unfit.," she explains and he shakes his head.
" I would of thought that anyway, but not because of that. A lot of people lose their baby's and are doing everything right. I could of been there for you about that. That was actually something I could of been there for you for. We're late for getting ready to our party," Landon calls and turns to her again. " I'll get a car to pick you up and take you back home," he finishes and then walks out of the door.
" You'll be okay Layla," I ask more than state and she nods her head.
" I'll be okay," she answers and I walk out.
       ****
     "Baby look," Landon starts drunkenly doing the robot with a lot of other rich drunk people cheering him on.
        " Great," I fake smile to him as I sit in my seat and Tara comes and sits in the fire seat next to me. Great.
          " What a Landon Marks party. Great music and great alcohol," She proclaims and I laugh.
       " Don't forget about the dance moves," I notion over to him and she laughs with me.
       " I think we got off on the wrong foot," she looks over to me and I search her eyes.
       " Yeah your feet in my boyfriends office isn't the best start," I joke and she laughs.
       " You're funny, I would of never knew that if I still didn't like you," she claims and I smile.
       " Still? What's the change of heart," I ask and she shrugs.
         " It's actually kind of hard to find reasons to hate you," she explains with a gleam and I pull her to the dance floor.
        " We are too cute to be despising each other just make sure there's no more Landon office visits and we should be fine," I wink and she laughs as we both dance to the music.
         " I'm going to go get a drink," I whisper to her and she nods as she trades herself off to dance with another group of girls.
       " I never thought I'd see the day that Joelle And Tara would be within two feet of each other and not rip each other's hair out," a male comes over from behind me and I turn to him.
" Never really knew her,let alone hate her," I call and Sam sits at the bar stool next to me.
" I thought you weren't going to come here tonight," I proclaim and he shrugs.
" Needed some good free alcohol," he answers as he holds up his drink and I laugh.
" Joelle, watch this," Landon yells to me as him and another three guys have now made a robot routine.
" Great, babe you should start a dance group,"I smile and look over to Sam.
" Nice dress, you really do have a lot of nice stuff laying around in your closet," he notes and I nod.
" Found it in the back . Crazy what you have laying around," I joke and he laughs.
" Hey Baby," Landon starts but then looks over to Sam .
" Hey man, glad you could make it. Like the dress I got Joelle hot as hëll right," he calls and Landon puts his arms around both of us.
" Less sitting, more dancing people," Landon calls and we both slide from underneath him.
" you're drunk Landon, we should call it an early night," I demand and Landon shakes his head.
" What are you doing here anyway Sam? Said you weren't coming when I asked," he calls and I try to push him.
" Home," I repeat and Sam gets up.
" I was just leaving man, but you could use some water and Tylenol," Sam answers and Landon falls over a bit.
" You know we have a lot in common, we both want to sleep with Joelle," Landon acknowledges and I roll my eyes.
" Really, Landon lets go," I breath out and Landon looks at Sam.
" You really do love her silly me thought it was just sexual," Landon notes and I roll my eyes.
" Let's go," I demand and Sam looks at me.
" I didn't say anything Sam. He's drunk," I assure and Sam's eyes look so hard I think he has added another wall.
" Sam, I didn't say anything," I repeat and he nods as he grabs his jacket.
" Get him some water and Tylenol that headache is going to be a pain in the morning," he demands and I grab his arm.
" I didn't say anything Sam, he's drunk and he's just talking. I wouldn't do that to you," I point and he looks at me for a minute.
" Make sure you give him the Tylenol," he calls and then walks out.
" Home Landon, lets go," I push.