You Love Her

Joelle's P.O.V.
    I'm sitting in the front room with Sam and he's just staring at me. I laugh lightly because he looks like he sees a huge pimple on my nose.
" Sam, do I have something on my face," I ask and he seems to have snapped out of things.
" No, you just look different, did you cut your hair," he asks and I shake my head.
" maybe it's because my hairs pulled back. I normally do lose ponytails," I acknowledge my tight pulled back look today and he nods while he smiles.
" It looks nice," he compliments and I smile. Sam isn't a bad looking guy, he's actually cute. He has curly sandy brown hair, really fare skin and honey brown eyes. He's young, but life has made him look tired.
" Morning," Landon walks downstairs, but he's staring right at Sam.
" Morning," I call out because Sam is just staring at him.
" Sam taking you to work," he asks and I nod.
" Yeah we had to talk ," I answer and he looks over to Sam firmly.
      " About," he asks and I shrug before kissing him on the cheek.
      " Who knows, see you tonight," I whisper and walk towards the door.
         As I get in the car, Sam comes out moments later. We sit silent for a minute before he starts to speak.
         " You are a beautiful girl," Sam starts and I look over to him, confused as to where this is all coming from.
        " Sam," I question and he keeps his eyes on the road.
        " Inside and out. You will give someone your last, you don't notice the stares geared towards you in a room, you trust people almost to a fault. You are someone I never in a million years would think of meeting," he calls and I keep my eyes on him.
       " Sam are you about to ask me out," I ask scared more than anything and he shakes his head with a light laugh.
     " I want to make sense of things,I want to talk out loud and hopefully hear a reason not to talk anymore," he breaths out and I just stare at him.
       " Are you dying Sam, I can't take it if you tell me now. I need time, you have to ease me into it," I start to freak out and he shakes his head quickly.
          " I'm not dying Joelle," he finishes and I lean back in my seat.
          " What's going on Sam,"I ask and he looks over to me.
         " little Sam is in a play this Friday, he's a lead role and I want you to come, he wants you to come," he calls and I search him.
        " that's not what you wanted to say to me ," I whisper and he looks over to me lightly as we pull into the parking lot.
         " It's what I needed to say," he calls.
      ****
    Walking into the office Landon meets me there.
       " how was the car ride," he asks and I look up to him.
       " Fine, Sammy is in a play on Friday," I call and he nods.
           " Are you okay," I ask him and he searches my eyes this time. Trying to find what he doesn't have the courage to say.
        " Fine," he calls and I keep my eyes on him .
        " Fine," I breath out and we just stare at each other.
        " Well, I have some meetings to attend," he claims as he kisses my head and I smile a fake smile. Landon sees it, he knows it's fake and chooses not to speak on it.
        I don't know if I'm fine with this unspoken argument or anger that he doesn't care to ask.
       " Landon I'm asking you this and I'm asking you this one more time. Are you okay," I ask and he pauses.
         " I'm fine," he answers and I roll my eyes.
" Ok, see you tonight then," I call and he nods then walks off.
Nova comes in shortly after and looks from Landon to me.
" What's wrong with him," she whispers and I shrug.
" Who knows," I call and she sits down in the chair across from me.
" Want to go to meet us upstairs to eat lunch, Sam made food," she asks and I smile .
        " I'd love to," I respond and she gets up.
        " See you then," she whispers and I hold my smile.
       " Yeah see you then," I repeat and she walk out.
         *****
     Coming back from lunch, Sam follows me up to my office.
        We are laughing at something Nova said during lunch and both didn't realize Landon sitting at my desk.
        " I was going to ask you to go to lunch, seems as though you already had plans," he calls and I look over to him.
       " Sam cooked, sorry I didn't know we had plans," I call out and he shakes his head.
        " Sam, can I talk to you," he calls out and Sam looks over to him.
       " No sir, I have to get back to work my lunch is over," Sam calls and I look over to his new turned short temper.
       " That was an order, come to my office," Landon calls and I look in confusion.
       " Is something wrong here," I ask and he shakes his head.
        " Fine," he calls and I look away.
        " Fine," I call and they both walk out.
  ****
     Landon's P.O.V.
     " I won't allow you to disrespect me in my own company Sam," I breath out angry. Sam is trying to push us apart, he's trying to make Joelle leave me while thinking it was her own idea. He's pinning me out to be the bad guy and doesn't even know my  side of the story.
      " No offense sir, but you bullsh*tting a girl that has been through enough disrespect. You don't deserve her and I will never disrespect you here, you'll always come out as right. You know what you've done and that power that keeps you pumping here won't keep you pumping when you lay down and have to face yourself at night.I don't care for you as a person Landon, but I say all of this respectfully," he calls and I'm taken aback.
       " You don't know the half to any of this, so don't sit here like you do. You saw me at the bar with Tara and assumed I was going to sleep with her after," I call and he shakes his head.
       " I saw you with Tara and Layla, but somehow never Joelle. I don't like you, I never did but I thought out of all the things I hated I could at least count on you loving Joelle," he calls and I roll my eyes.
        " Don't tell me that shįt Sam. I love her and everyone knows that," I growl and he glares.
       " You love her so you sneak around with girls you have slept with in the past. You love her, but you were going on a dämn late night drink with Tara," he calls and I stand up.
        " What is this really about Sam, do you want to be with Joelle, do you love her? Is that why you can't stand to see anyone else with her," I ask and he laughs lightly.
      " I can stand to see someone else with her. What I can't stand is seeing someone using her, not treating her right and acting like everyone in this office doesn't notice," he calls and I start to get heated.
" Why the hęll is our relationship any of your concern," I growl and he holds his mono tone voice, none of this seems to be getting to him like it is me.
" She's my friend, she's my best friend and if she gets hurt I don't know how well I'd be able to deal with that," he answers and before I can even speak he continues to talk. " I didn't tell her about anything I've seen and I don't plan on it. You're going to talk to her and make things right. If you don't then I will have to take matters into my own hands," is all he says before turning to walk out of the door.