You're my muse

" Everything okay Joelle," Landon asks looking over to me as I walk into the door and I nod.
          "Yeah, fine," I call as I drop my purse on the couch and head upstairs.
          " Yeah, I can definitely tell you're fine," He states sarcastically and I look up to him.
          " I see why you don't have any friends," I huff out and he laughs.
          " What a backhanded compliment. I have Tara and nova," he argues and I roll my eyes.
        " You had sex with Tara and most days Nova Hates you," I answer and he shrugs.
        " Friends are just a big waste of time anyway. Why have them when they are just going to be there one day and then decide to break their promises the next," I call and he leans in the door frame.
         " Very dramatic opinion on friendship," he claims and I lay flat on the bed.
        " Very realistic. If we ever have kids we aren't going to be pushing for play dates and park visits because all that shït is fake," I call and he's laughing.
        " What's so funny," I call sitting up and he shakes his head.
       " You're so angry that you've found yourself talking about our future kids," he answers and I lean back.
        " You're right, why bring kids into this friendless world," I huff out and he moves a little closer.
         " I can be your friend," he suggest moving closer to me and I shift over.
           " You are just starting to get the hang of this boyfriend thing. I'm going to call Nova," I pout and he grabs my wrist and pulls me to him.
        " I could do boyfriend things with you that makes you forget about friends," he kisses on my neck and I turn to him.
        " This is why I need friends, you never want to talk," I complain and then grab my phone to call Nova.
          " Nova, I'm drowning," I break down  and she immediately speaks into the phone.
         " let's get our nails done, meet you at your house in thirty minutes," she calls and I run upstairs.
" You've got ten minutes to do boyfriend things with me before Nova gets here," I demand and Landon takes me in his arms and spins me to the bed.
" All I need is five," he calls biting on my ears and I laugh.
*****
" Boys are stupid," Nova breaths out and I lean back into the massage chair.
" so stupid," I respond and she smiles.
" I think we should just date each other,"she suggest and I turn to her.
" Why didn't we think of this sooner, I would marry you Nova," I continue and she shrugs.
" Let's go tomorrow, I hear there's a sale on marriage license," she jokes and I laugh.
" Only if," I breath out and she smiles.
" So, are you ever going to tell me what the stupid boy did," she asks and I turn to her. I can't tell her about Sam. I can't tell anyone that Sam said he loved me because what the hëll, Sam said he loved me.
" When are they not stupid," I groan and she nods.
" Fair enough," She responds and I look at the other girls getting their nails done.
" How are you," I ask her and she smiles.
" Good," she claims ,but I turn to look at her.
        " you're lying. What's going on," I ask and she looks around the shop.
        " Not much I can talk about in a nail shop," she answers and I take my feet out of the water.
        " Then lets go," I call and she looks over to me.
          " Joelle, we can finish our nails," she demands and I shake my head.
           " We already got our nails done, we can come back another day for our feet," I explain and she rolls her eyes and we pay then walk out to leave.
        "So, What's the problem," I turn to her in the drivers seat because I decided to drive since my nails are dry.
         " Really Joelle, you're not even going to drive to a coffee shop or something," she asks and I shake my head.
       " Spill it Nova," I call and she leans against the seat.
       " Do you think I'm pretty," she asks and I look confused.
       " Hot as hell, what's the point to this," I question and she turns to me.
      " You know guys are stupid because you've slept with one recently. You deal with them daily. I know guys are stupid from just guessing that they haven't changed since I've been with one. I don't know, I guess I just feel like the clocks ticking," she admits and I look at her shocked. For as long as I've known Nova, I've never see her with guys besides Sam of course. I thought it was by choice though because guys are stupid and sometimes you need a break from them. She's pretty, smart and funny any guy would be lucky to call her theirs.
         " There is no clock Nova. You can wait as long as you need for that right guy to come in and sweep you off your feet. All guys are dumb, but some are tolerable," I smile and she laughs.
        " I just don't want everyone to get their happy ending and then I'm sitting at home with thirty cats watching soap operas," she jokes and I laugh.
       " I'm starting to think that is the happy ending," I claim and she leans her head on my shoulder.
         " Whatever it is that you can't tell me about Joelle. Don't sell yourself short. If I can wait for my happy ending, so can you," she advises and I know exactly what she's telling me. Make sure I know how I want my story to end. More so, who do I want to end it with.
         " I really do think I should just marry you," I laugh and she joins in.
         " Too bad we are so stuck on this weird population of the male species," she finishes and we drive off to go get some food.