Full of it

" You're full of shįt Landon and you know it," Sam calls and I look to Landon quickly.
" Why are you here Sam, came to confess your feeling for my girlfriend," he asks sarcastically and I roll my eyes.
" Landon I said don't," I call and he looks over to me with piercing eyes.
" Do you want to be with him Joelle," Landon asks and I look at him confused.
" Landon what is wrong with you," I ask and he leans against the door frame crossing his arms.
" I'm just trying to figure out why you stayed at his house last night and then he shows up again this morning," he proves and answer quickly.
" It's called being there for someone. I told you Sammy is sick," I call and he looks at Sam.
" Is that what you call it Sam," he asks and looks to Sam firmly , but he doesn't say a word.
" Landon, what's your problem. Why is Sam seen as competition all of a sudden," I ask and he looks straight at me.
" I don't think you realize it, but Sam seems to be your top priority," he claims and I laugh a little.
" And who's yours because I haven't seen you stay at home this long in a while," I ask and Sam speaks up.
" Tell her Landon or I will," he threatens and I dart my eyes to Landon waiting on him to speak.
" I went to the bar with Tara the other night," he starts and I just freeze hoping this is all some type of joke.
" It's not what you think Joelle, she wanted to know about Layla," he explains and I look confused.
" Why would she be asking about her," I ask and he looks at the wall.
" Why would she be asking about her Landon," I repeat and he looks to me.
       " That's her best friend," he admits and I fall silent. I mean what is there to say, Landon slept with Layla's best friend. Out of all the girls he had falling at his feet, he chose Tara.
        " She wanted me to talk to Layla about why she's not answering her calls," he explains and I sit down on the couch.
        " You haven't talked to Layla in months, why would she come to you," I probe and he moves a little closer to me.
        " I've seen Layla a couple of times, more than Tara I'm sure," he answers and I look to him, searching for the guy who wouldn't lie to me.
       " Why hide you going to see her from me, I was the one who said she needed someone to be with her," I recall and he shoots back quickly.
         " And I was the one who said  that person wasn't me," he claims and I look to Sam who's trying to keep things as sane as possible.
" I thought you weren't the person who would sleep with his ex girlfriends best friend. I thought you weren't the person that would go behind my back, I thought you weren't the person  I met a year ago, but you are. You are everything I thought you weren't," I breath out into the air basically talking to myself because I don't think Landon is really hearing me.
" Joelle I love you and," he starts but I stop him.
" Have you slept with Layla Landon," I ask and he looks at me shocked.
" Why would you think that Joelle, I'm not a total jackäss," he calls and I look to him with my eyes watering, trying not to let the tears fall.
" How many times have you seen Layla," I ask and he answers quickly.
" I haven't seen her nearly as much as you probably think I have," he demands and I shrug.
" I thought you haven't seen her at all since the last encounter. So it is more than I've thought," I answer and he moves a little closer to me.
" Landon is there anything else, just lay it out on the table now," I say curtly and he shakes his head moving closer.
" Nothing," he assures and we stay at the distance that's too close, but in the same time too far.
           " You had the nerve to ask me to dig up how I felt about my dead ex boyfriend. I told you about the worst parts of my life. The parts where even giving up seemed like too much. I told you about how he hurt me and you listened. You listened like you and him aren't one in the same," I start and he stops me.
          " I'm nothing like him Joelle and you know that," Landon starts and I shake my head.
          " I opened up to you. My life was going so well. I was finally feeling independent and happy and then I opened up to you," is all I say. My voice is blank. I really do feel no emotion at all. Everything is just floating in my head as empty thoughts. I let someone else come into my life and take a piece of me.
         " I'll let you guys talk, call me if you need anything," Sam calls to Joelle but looks at me as he leaves and then shuts the door behind him.
Landon's P.O.V.
She opened up to me.
      When I first met Joelle she pushed me so far from her, I never thought we would be where we are today.
        When I first met her she had these walls built up so high to any other guy they would be too hard to see over. Not to me. I saw that she was something different. Something that I needed. Something that I would be afraid to lose. Joelle is someone I can't lose.
          " Why didn't you tell me," she breaths out and I can't look at her as I answer.
           " I sat in the front room of my house and told you. Told her that I wanted nothing to do with the situation. Now months later, in the only person she calls and I answer every time. It doesn't make sense," I admit and she stays silent for a minute. I can feel her eyes on me.
         " I literally told you I stayed with a guy who beat me Landon. I can understand a lot of things that don't make sense. You should have told me about all of this," she responds and I nod because I know she's right.
         " I know, but I kept having this thought. This thought that if I told you, told you all the bad things about me you'd leave," I claim and this time I turn to look at her.
          " Well, look where we are now. If same didn't push you to say anything, you probably still wouldn't of spoke up," she demands and I move a little closer.
          " It's a lot to tell Joelle. I messed up in a lot of ways and it's hard to come to you about it," I answer and she backs up.
         " You slept with Layla's best friend while Layla was out doing drugs. She's clean now and you decide to go help her out, but not tell your girlfriend about it," she lists and I stay quiet because I know she's not done.
         " You have definitely messed up," is all she says and then looks at the wall before turning and walking to the room.