Chapter 22

Alex's POV

Everything happend so quick. It was almost as if a bomb of chaos exploded in the middle of the parking lot but seemed to vanish away at the speed of light. Rebecca just got whisked away by the ambulance and here I am. Sitting down in the middle of the parking lot staring down at the concrete ground.

I can't seem to wrap my head around the situation.

Why did this have to happen now?

Why are you worrying so bad Alex...

I mean well it's okay to worry about a friend.

Yeah a friend. Just... a friend.

I look down at my hands to see them covered with blood and something triggers at the back of my mind.

"MOM!" I shout as I watch her fall down to the ground. Everything happened so fast... just one bang and it was all over.

I stare down at my moms weak feeble body and tears rush to my eyes.

I begin to hear sirens from a distance and I look up at the man whos holding the gun tightly in his hand.

kneeling down beside my mom and take her into my arms and hold her close up against me. "Mom, please wake up... please" I plead as tears uncontrollably stream down my face. I can't lose her. She's the only person left.

But...I'm just a kid... I can't do anything but just watch her die in my arms. Just watching her die.

The man looks down at me and gives me a smile. A smile full of hatred and fury that sends shivers down my spine.

"This isn't over yet little kid." He says darkly.

He runs off into the darkness and the police come rushing in and ran after the direction the man rain in and the ambulance take my mom out of my arms and whisk her away in the van.

I'm left alone.

"You okay kid?" A police officer asks as he kneels down beside me.

I stare down at my bloody hands and my tears drop onto them. I rub my hands against my jeans but no matter how much I rubbed I could see the bright red color on my hands.

Even when the blood wasn't on my hands. Even after I washed them.

I could still see the blood stains on my hands.

"Are you coming Alex?!" Anna shouts as she runs into her car.

I don't reply and jump into her car.

"Aren't you going to do your seatbelt Alex?" I hear Rebecca's voice echo in my head.

I do up the seatbelt and Anna starts to drive. "Did you see the man who drove the car?" Anna asks but putting a strain on her voice.

"You can cry Anna I'm not going to tease you."

"But I have to stay strong right now. Crying isn't going to wake her up." She says whilst biting her bottom lip.

My phone starts to vibrate so I reach into my back pocket and take out my phone. I don't bother to see who's calling because ovbiously it's Rebecca's precious boyfriend. Jason.

"Hello?"

"Is she okay? Holy shit what's happening I'm on my way to the hospital but there's traffic." I hear Jasons voice start to wobble.

Wobble. What a funny word.

"I don't know I'm not there and I don't know what happened to her I just saw her lying on the floor covered in her own blood."

"Okay were here." Anna says as she parks up.

"I have to go." I say as I hang up.

We walk into the hospital and make our way over to the reception. I hate coming into hospitals there so... creepy and plain. White walls and that hospital smell that drives you insane if your there for more than 3 hours, sniffing the antiseptic.

"We're looking for Rebecca Jones?" Anna asks the receptionist.

"She's in the emergancy room during surgery at the moment so you can go wait in the waiting room for the emergancy room. It's just down the corridor." She smiles.

If this was an okay time where no one got ran over I wountiuld just say that this receptionist is actually pretty hot.

"Stop drooling and hurry up!" Anna shouts already halfway down the corridor.

I hurry after her and sit down on the plastic blue chairs that make your ass hurt like hell after some time. "Why's she in surgery..." Anna asks.

"I don't know. Let's hope it's nothing bad."

"She's in surgery I don't really think shes good." Anna replies tears filling in her eyes.

After a couple of agonising hours of just waiting and waiting and hearing Annas consstant worrys and Jasons complaints the doctors push Rebecca out on a hospital bed and we all jump up. I mean I worry about her too.

"Is she okay?" Anna asks as she runs after the doctors.

Jason and I get up from our seats and we all make our way to her room.

"She isn't allowed visitors at the moment unless your family." The nurse says whilst blocking the door to Rebecca's room.

"Mark? Chad!" Anna shouts as two guys  start running towards us with worry filled in there eyes.

"Is she okay? Is she still asleep? Can we visit her?" One of them asks.

"Are you family?" The nurse asks checking something on her clipboard.

"Yes." They both say in unison.

"Okay you can enter one at a time 1 hour maximum." She says as she opens the door.

One of them walk in and the nurse shuts the door. I only got a slight glimpse of Rebecca laying down on her bed looking as pale as ever and attached with all these... tubes.

"Mark how did you get here?" Anna asks.

I'm guessing the brown haired one is Mark and the blonde one is Chad. So Chad just walked into the room to see Rebecca.

I'm also guessing that their twins cause they look exactly the same just different hair color.

"I got a call from the school so we came running over." He replies.

"What about her parents?" I ask.

"We don't exactly have an parents to worry about us." He replies.

"Who are you anyway?" He asks me and then glances at Jason.

"I'm her boyfriend." Jason says boldly.

He raises his eyebrows and laughs slightly. "Well okay."  He then looks at me. "I'm just her friend."

"What's taking him so god damn long." Mark asks as he starts walking up and down the corridor unpatiently.

Just as he says that Chad walks out pale faced and I can see blood on his lip because he must of been biting it like crazy.

"Is she awake?" Jason asks.

"She's awake alright..."

"What's wrong Chad..." Anna asks.

He sits down on the plastic chair and puts his face in his hands. "What's wrong?" Mark asks standing infront of his brother.

"Chad?" Anna asks again.

"Rebecca dosn't... remember me."

SORRY FOR SUCH A BAD CHAPTER I HAD A MASSIVE WRITERS BLOCK... ANYWAY NEXT UPDATE IS IN 15 VOTES <3 THANKS FOR READING