Chapter 10

My eyes float around the classroom and I see that Jason's desk is empty. There's no Jason.

I wonder if he's okay not that I care or anything I just want my extra credit from tutoring him.

He's probably just missing this class.

"Okay class is dismissed" Mr Miller shouts as all the students hurry out of the classroom.

I stand up and gather my books together and quickly walk out of the classroom. Maybe he's skiving?

"Hey Matt do you know where Jason is?" I ask while I gave Matts sleeve.

"I don't know he hasn't texted me and I doubt he's ill. That mother fucker is skiving school without me" He groans and walks off.

I walk to my locker and turn the combination and shove my books into my locker.

I take my phone out from the pile of books in my locker and create a new message.

Where are you? I type.

But then I quickly erase the message and shove my phone back into my locker.

What are you doing Rebecca.

"Hey" I hear.

A smile grows on my face as I turn around but then I get disappointed by the presence of Anna.

Come on Rebecca what's wrong with you? You want extra credit more than your best friend.

"What's up you seem quite annoyed to see me?" Anna says disappointed.

"No I'm not annoyed don't worry" I smile.

Anna you aren't annoying me.

Its me who I'm annoyed with.

After school I'm sitting by the kitchen table staring at the time. I tap my pencil and glance at the door every couple of seconds.

Where is he?

I take my phone out and type a new message.

Where are you?

I press the send button and put my phone down.

Maybe he's ill?

He seemed fine yesterday.

Minutes past and still no reply.

I tap my fingers against the table and stare at the clock.

7:09PM.

C'mon extra credit where are you?

My phone rings making me fall off my chair and crawling to my phone in process.

"Hello?" I answer the phone without even looking at the caller ID.

"Hey Becca I was wondering if Jason was with you right now" Matt asks.

I sigh in disappointment and hang up.

He's probably going to be pissed off that I just hung up on him.

Honestly I don't think I'm being like this because of extra credit anymore.

I'm only going to say this once.

I think I miss Jason Parker.

Weeks pass and still no sign of his black worn out converse lazily resting on the desk and his hands behind his head while rocking on his chair during science classes. Still no sign of his voice echoing through the corridors shouting inappropriate things at girls. No sign of him at Mcdonald's eating on a car roof.

Without Jason school seems so quiet and dull.

The boys actually behave during class.

There's not much flirting anymore either.

Matt's somehow transformed into a quiet nice guy from a man whore.

I stare at Jason's empty chair and just imagine him sitting there rocking on his chair staring outside the window.

Where are you Jason Parker?

I miss you.