Chapter 9

I'm woken up by the ear peircing screech from the school bell. I couldnt sleep yesterday not even a blink. And it diddn't help that my first lesson was math. "Rebeca I need to talk to you" Mr Miller shouts as the students run outside of class.

Oh shit. I bet he's going to lecture me about falling asleep in class. I slowly make my way over to his desk. "Am I in trouble?" I ask cautiously.

"No not at all" He laughs.

I let out a sigh of relief and setmy bag down on the floor.

"As you may or not know Jason is not very strong on math... We tried getting his grades up by lecturing him and scolding him for sleeping and not doing homework but nothing seemed to work. So I was wondering you. The top of the class rebecca that you try to tutor him." He asks.

Is this old man crazy?

"I'm sorry sir bu-"

"It will give you extra credit" He says cutting me off my sentance.

Well...

"Okay I guess... But I can quit right? If it dosen't work out" I ask

"Of course." He smiles

"Okay I'll go talk to him sir" I say putting on the best fake smile i could.

I walk out of the door and charge past the huge crowd of students and grabs jasons wrist,

"Oh so you heard the news?" Jason grins.

Did he plan all of this?

"I'll be at your house at 5." He smiles

"If your late I swear I'm going to just quit this thing" I say,

"Oh so you want me on time?" He winks

"Just... Be at my house at exactly 5." I snap and make my way down the corridor.

After school was hell.

Of course Jason was 3 hours late.

"I had detention" He sighs and makes his way over to the kitchen table.

"Detention dosen't last 3 hours Jason" I sigh and get out my books.

"Just chill out okay? Atleast I came" He snaps as he sits down.

Well something must be bothering him. Cause he sounds like he's on his period or something. I sit down on the seat opposite him and open my text book.

Surprisingly we managed to study for a full 2 and a half hours without him flirting or trying to make a move. He was in full concentration mode and it actually got me really concerned. He diddnt even try to change the subject and talk about something else.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I try to solve the algebra question on my work.

"Yeah I'm fine" He sighs as he stares at his paper.

Jasons POV

Okay I'm not fine.

I''ve been staring at this question for the last 5 minutes because if I solved this question I would have to go home. Cause honestly I know the answer it's just the fact that its the last question so if i solve it I have to go home. And honestly I'm in a crappy mood because of that stupid 2 hour detention I had. The other hour i just spent by just laying down on the grass trying to clear my thoughts.

Yes ladies and gentlemen Jason Parker actually thinks.

I'm surprised Becca even asked me if I was okay or not.

"You know if you don't understand the question you can just ask me" She says whilst looking up.

"How do you even like math" I laugh while staring at her sheet.

"I don't know... Just it helps me solve my problems you know? I just feel like when I have a problem and I solve some maths equations I feel as if I've solved my problem that I had." She says as she glances at me.

"You think its weird don't you?" She laughs.

"No... Not really actually surprisingly no." I smile.

Yes I just smiled.

"Okay lets get back to work" She says as she flips the pages in her text book.

"Hey sweetie" My mom greets me as I walk into my house.

"Hey sorry I'm late" I say as I walk towards the kitchen to get a drink.

"We need to talk Jason" Mom says while sitting down on the sofa with my dad.

I carry my can of coke to the living room and sit down. "Whats up" I ask

"Jason we're sorry" My mom says as she starts to tear up.

My dad whispers something into my moms ear and she nods while wiping her tears away.

"We're sorry we kept this from you Jason" My dad says as he puts an arm around my mom.

"What is it?" I ask in more concern.

"We're not your birth parents Jason" My mom sobs.

Uh excuse me?

"What?"

"We're not your birthparents Jason." My dad says.

I take a second to process this all into my brain and lean my back against the sofa.

"Okay then. Who are my real parents?" I snap.

"They died 2 weeks ago in a car crash... We're so sorry Jason we should of told you earlier so you could meet them but we got scared that you woul-"

"That I would leave you guys and run away right?" I say finishing their sentance.

They don't reply and remain silent.

"Why the fuck did you keep this from me?" I say trying to keep myself from shouting.

"We're sorry Jason" my mom sobs.

"Well its too fucking late now" I shout as I was up into my room.

I hear my mom calling after me and my dad trying to keep her quiet telling her I needed time to process this.

Darn right I did.

I storm into my room and slam my door shut. And without hesitation punch the wall with my fist. This was a very bad habbit of mine when I got mad.

I groan at the stinging pain on my fist and slump down to the ground and rest my forehead on my knees.

How could they keep this from me?

Becca's words start replaying in my head and I walk to my desk and sit down.

I get out my math text books and start solving some equations.