Chapter 1 - "Knox Hamilton is here!"

Start from the beginning

She pushed through the crowd and was arriving at her baggage carousel when the area erupted in screams. Her hands flew to her ears in shock. She watched as the mass of girls surged towards the doors she had just come through. As she waited for her bag, she watched the crowd of girls.  She frowned when she saw girls walking away from the crowd, crying, saying inaudible things and blubbering.

"What is going on?" a couple standing nearby asked each other. A look of bewilderment on their faces.

"Knox Hamilton is here," a girl in her early twenties answered them.

"Who?" the woman asked, a confused look still on her face.

Sky didn't wait for the girl's answer when she saw her bright green suitcase making its way along the carousel. She reached down and grabbed it off the belt. She pulled it behind her as she exited the airport and felt the warm Miami sun on her skin.

She waved a taxi down and quickly slid into the backseat. "Miami port, please," she told the driver.

Knox sat in the premier club lounge on a leather sofa, absentmindedly watching the television until Calvin appeared with their bags on a luggage cart. He stood and joined him and Marcos by the door.

"It's getting crazy out there," Marcos said, "No handshakes or autographs today. It's too much of a security risk. Ready?"

"Ready," Knox said. He followed right behind Marcos, Marcos' back the only thing he could see, with two security guards on either side. The first part of the airport had not been crowded and Knox's presence hasn't caused any commotion, but the security guards had told him that a crowd had been growing in the baggage claim area for the last hour and a half.

Screams filled the air as they pushed through the door and Knox looked out on a sea of girls. A wide smile spread across his face. Marcos cleared a path that the security guards reinforced as they slowly made their way through the crowd. Knox stayed close to Marcos but said hi to everyone he passed and smiled.

Some girls started to cry when he made eye contact, other screamed and looked like they might faint. He was crushed in on all sides for a few minutes until he felt the warm air when they reached the exit. Marcos rushed him to a waiting black SUV. Knox jumped in, climbing into the backseat as Marcos and Calvin hurriedly loaded the luggage into the car.

"Go," Marcos told the driver, as he got into the car and buckled up. Knox watched the crowd of girls push through the doors and against the security guards trying to keep them out of the street. Some broke free and tried to run after the car but it was moving too fast for them to keep up.

Sky handed the driver cash and grabbed her bags as she raced towards the port. Ahead of her was an enormous cruise ship, as tall as a skyscraper and almost a block long. It was blue and white one with the word Faraday scrolled across the bow in large elaborate writing.

There were a few stragglers still walking in to the civilians entrance as she headed further down the ship. It was chaotic as she made her way through port workers and delivery trucks, until she made it to the employee entrance.

"Cutting it close, aren't you Sky?" a voice called out. She turned to see a port worker in his dirty  jumpsuit giving her a sly smile.

"You know how I love the thrill Bobby!" she called back, matching his smile and turning towards the check in table.

"Sky Bennett checking in," she said, a little out of breathe. She pulled her employee badge out of her backpack. The man behind the table took it and began to make marks on a page before handing the badge back to her.

"Here are your room assignment and work schedule" he said. He handed her a packet of papers. She thanked him and walked up the ramp and onto the boat.

"Sky," a voice called out. Sky turned and found a tall, hulking guy with bright blonde hair walking towards her. She smiled. "I didn't know you were going to be on this trip," Anders said. He caught up to her as she looked for her room.

"It was last minute. Louis called me up this morning and begged me to fill in," she said.

"This morning?" he asked in surprise.

"It's been a crazy morning."

"I'm surprised you made it in time. Where did you fly in from?"

"Boston. I was visiting Elliot and Cece, so it wasn't too bad. It was a three and a half hour flight but getting here from the airport was enough stress to give me a heart attack."

He laughed. Someone behind them called out to Anders. "I gotta run but I'll see you up on deck tonight," he said. "Isn't it so nice to up here?" he added before leaving.

Sky agreed and continued her search. Turning the corner, she saw her room number at the end of the hall. She slipped her key into the slot and pushed the door open. She hit the light switch and dragged her bags inside. She made a full turn, taking in her room.

The entrance was walled in by a closet on one side and a tiny bathroom on the other. But it quickly opened into a room with a queen size bed with two night stands on either side. There was a television mounted to the wall with a desk and chair under it.

Sky ran and jumped on the bed, letting out a small squeal. This was the nicest accommodations she had ever had. Usually, she was stuck in a bunk bed, sharing the room with three other girls and a bathroom with eleven girls. She dragged her bag onto the bed and started to unpack. It was going to be a good week.

When Knox's SUV pulled into the port, it was almost empty, except for workers. He climbed out of the car and tilted his head upward, taking in the whole sight of the large blue and white ship. Marcos started to pull luggage out of the back of the car. Knox slug his backpack over his shoulder and followed Calvin towards an entrance.

"Hello! Welcome to the Faraday. We are happy to have you on board," the tall, blonde guy greeted them at the entrance to the ramp. He was wearing khaki shorts and a blue polo shirt. "I am here to help you with anything you might need." Knox was impressed at the glitz and grandeur of the ship as they were led through the maze of hallways. There wasn't a surface he could see that didn't sparkle or shine. As they stepped onto the elevator, Knox watched as worker scanned a key before pressing any buttons.

"This unlocks your floor," the worker explained when he saw Knox looking. "We have taken all security measures to ensure your safety. No one without this key will be able to access your floor." he said. Knox could see Marcos was happy to hear that.

"Thanks," Knox said. The gold, reflective elevator doors opened into a spacious hallway. The worker led them down the hallway and stopped at the second door. He handed Knox a key card.

"This is your room. I hope you find everything to your liking. If you need anything, please let us know," the worker said. "If you come with me, I can show you to your rooms," he said to Calvin and Marcos.

"You good?" Marcos asked, dropping Knox's bags.

"I'm good," he said. Knox slide the key into the slot as Calvin and Marcos followed Tyler down the hallway.

**********************************************************************

Ahoy mate! Before you go sailing off
vote, comment, follow!