How class 1A gained a pet (a talking cat of all things) part 1

So far... 7 people have looked at this and I have no comments... so yeah. New chapter!! I literally have nothing better to do with my time, so here we are. Eventually this is gonna be 60 chapters long and 70,000 words, but only 50 reads. I'll still write it though. Sad I know, but it gives me something other than YouTube. Iggy take it away. Mistress Spirit-chan doesn't own anything but the plot of these dumb oneshots. Anything else isn't hers. If you think it is you need to have your intelligence evaluated. 

   I was walking back to the dorms on Wednesday night after I had to go out for groceries. Just my luck, it started to rain. Because, I have crap luck. I'm now jogging back trying not to get soaked, when I heard something. I could almost barely hear it over the rain, but it was definitely there. I went over to see what it was, and... well, I just couldn't leave her out in the rain. 'Congratulation, Shoto. Now on top of keeping up your grades to please your sociopath father, you have a kitten to take care of. Just great. Damn your love of animals.' Hiding her in my jacket was easy enough, but when I got back to the dorms, the problems just exploded. There was the first problem, making sure no one noticed her. And trust me, someone is bound to notice a rather large lump in my jacket. And sure enough: "Um... Todoroki-kun, what's in your jacket?" Thanks Yaoyorozu, way to blow my cover. Of course it wasn't just her. "Yeah, Icyhot. What's under the jacket huh? Got a bomb or something?" Damn you Bakugou, damn you. 

   "It's just some personal stuff, alright." I said, silently praying to what god that would listen that they couldn't see or hear my panic. "Ok, whatever. Hey, Midori it's your turn to cook dinner you know." Ashido called out, changing the subject. Oh thank God. Wait... "Isn't it supposed to be my night?" I asked. And it was, I can't really cook though. "Well after the Incident last week with those cookies, it was decided that Izuku-chan would take over your night." Ok that's fair, we were all in the hospital after that. "Don't worry, I offered." Midoriya said, giving me that adorable smile of his. Don't stare, don't stare, I swear to God if you stare. "U-uh, right, thanks. I'll be up in my room." I stuttered out, scrambling back to my room before anyone else asked about the cat. 

       I slammed the door behind me and let out the breath I was holding. I collapsed onto my bed and took out the kitten. She instantly started exploring her new surroundings, pawing and sniffing everything on my bed. Nothing much, just some pillows and a couple blankets. I grabbed a towel and instantly started drying her off, holding her in my arms. She didn't have a collar so she was probably a stray. Now in the light, I saw that she had pure black fur and green eyes. She was so tiny, a kitten through and through. "You got a name little girl?" I cooed softly, stroking her soft fur. 

"Nope, if you could give me one that'd be great."

     I vaulted back, my eyes widening in pure shock. "Wh-what the hell?" I whispered. The cat was talking. The cat was talking. "Welp, its official. I've snapped from my old man's abuse and I'm hearing my cat talk." I rambled to myself. It was the only logical conclusion. "Yay, I've been adopted. After you picked me up I fell asleep, so what's your name?" She said, clearly ignoring my ramblings. "Um... Shoto." I said, playing along with my insanity. "Nice to meet ya Shoto. We've already established I'm female, but I was never named, so... you got any ideas? I'd rather not be called be cat for the rest of my life." She said happily. "U-um, w-well I-I guess I could-" before I could finish my shock filled ramblings, my door opened. Oh crap. 

     "Hey, Todoroki, dinner's ready if your hungry..." Midoriya said, letting himself into my room and instantly noticing my new cat. "U-um, I can explain." "Can you though, Shoto. This looks pretty bad?" She said, giving me the cat equivalent of a smirk, I think. "Shut up." I growled at her, hoping Midoriya wouldn't hear me. Then I noticed his shocked face. "Th-th-the c-cat just spoke. I'm not going crazy hear. It talked. Oh my god, what do I do. How is this possible animals can get quirks how? How?" He rambled. I would later note how cute it was, but now my only thoughts were, 'I'm not crazy. Thank God I'm not crazy.' Now damage control. "Before you say anything else, I just found her tonight, I'm just as lost as you." I said, waving my hands like an idiot.  "Well let me explain. I was born about 2 and a half months ago, and I started talking about 3 weeks ago. I've never had a human owner before now, I don't have a name, and my mother abondoned me once I could walk. I was the only one of my litter to survive past 3 weeks." Her voice was stunningly detached. We were both a little surprised. And saddened.

    Midoriya's eyes welled up with tears. "You poor thing." He said softly. He shambled over and settled down next to her. The kitten instantly set herself in his lap. He smiled and stroked her fur and oh my God he is so adorable I can't take it. "You said you don't have a name, right?" He said softly. She hummed a confirmation. "Well, how about Ryuko?" I fought down a choke. That was a horrible idea if he meant it the way I thought he did. "Why that name?" She questioned, sounding curious more than anything else. "Well, one thing it can mean is hero, this is mainly a heroics school, me and Shoto are in a hero class. It seems appropriate." He explained, his voice soft and steady. Oh he did mean it differently. Thank goodness. Wait... "You called me Shoto." I noted out loud. Instantly, color slammed onto his freckled cheeks. "O-oh sorry, it just came out that way and oh my gosh if this is weird I can just go-" he rambled. 

     "Hey-hey, I was just pointing it out. I don't mind at all." He's my crush, of course I don't mind. "Um... can I called you Izuku.? If you don't want me too, that's fine, either way you can totally call me Shoto." Then I was rambling. I'm a massive idiot sometimes, you know. "Are you too mates or something?" The now dubbed Ryuko asked naively. My breath caught in my throat. "W-what?" I rasped out. If Midoriya was red before, it was nothing compared to now. "Whatever. I'm gonna go to sleep. Night." She said, erm, sleepily. She crawled over to a small pillow I had on my bed, curled up, and was out. "What're we gonna do, Shoto?" He asked once we were sure Ryuko was asleep. "We can't exactly hide her forever." He pointed out. "No idea. I guess we'll just cross that bridge when we get to it."

AN: if Shoto seemed wildly ooc, that's for 2 reasons. One, I have no idea what sort of thoughts run through his head on a regular basis. Two, this plays into a head canon where Shoto is a huge dork underneath his cold exterior. In case you don't know, one of the ways Ryuko is written in Japanese it can literally mean 'abandoned child' and our dear Shoto thought that was what he meant. I chose it because of that double meaning. And yes, I did get this from Kill la kill. As always, flames will be used to kill characters I hate and any sort of constructive critisim is welcome and encouraged. Ja ne and God bless peoples.