Chapter Seventeen

When the twins reached the Hospital Wing they rushed through the doors and looked for any sign of where Brittney could be. Ever since the boy's first year at Hogwarts, they hadn't been without Brittney. Meeting her before they got on the train and then continuing to be sorted into the same house brought them closer. The twins didn't know what they would do without Brittney. 

"Hello, boys, what do you need?"  Madame Pomfrey said as she walked out from behind a curtain.

"Where is Brittney?" The two boys said in unison as Angelina came through the doors panting. 

Placing her hands on her kneecaps she looked at the boys who had turned in her direction, "How are you guys not even tired?!" She exclaimed, noticing how the boys didn't look phased from the run at all. 

"Adrenaline, I guess," George said with a shrug of his shoulders. Both boys turned back to Madame Pomfrey who had a cup of water in her hand ready to give to Angelina. Madame Pomfrey gave the cup of water to Angelina who was still panting slightly. Angelina muttered a quick 'thank you' before gulping down the water. 

"Where is Brittney?" The boys asked yet again.

"Ah, I was expecting to find you, boys, here," Professor McGonagall's voice rang through their ears, "Where is she, Poppy?" 

"She is right behind this curtain, one moment while I move it," Madame Pomfrey said. Madame Pomfrey walked towards the curtain and pulled it over to revel Brittney. Fred and George couldn't believe what they were seeing. Brittney's body was stiff and she looked as though she jumped into the Black Lake. Her bright red hair was tangled and her skin was pale. 

Is she dead? It sure looks like it.  George thought worry running through his veins. George couldn't bear to look at Brittney while she was in the state she was. It looked like they were staring at a dead body. 

"She looks- I don't even know how to describe it. Poppy she looks- she looks dead," McGonagall said her voice cracking at the end. 

"I assure you, she is as much alive as you and me," Madame Pomfrey said.

George turned to look at Fred knowing exactly what he was thinking and in the moment the twins felt no happiness, engulfing each other in a hug they both resisted the strong urge to cry. 

The boys then turned around and started walking back toward the Common Room, not a hint of a smile on either boy's face. George's eyes watered and he felt a single tear roll down his cheek and fall onto the stone floor. 

"SURPRISE!" Fred and George heard as they walked into the Common Room, "Wait, where is Brittney? Weren't you supposed to bring her?" 

Fred, George, and Lee had planned a surprise party for Brittney and while she was with Angelina they had been setting up the Common Room with posters that Dean Thomas had painted that read the words 'Happy Birthday Brittney!' Fred and George had snuck into Hogsmeade to collect some sweets from Honeydukes and Butterbeer from the Three Broomsticks. 

It was then George and Fred lost it, they walked through the Common Room and up to the dormitory where they closed the door and cried. 

Hey sorry for the short chapter. I honestly didn't know what to write, this chapter was hard to write. But what do you think about the new cover? Do you like it? Do you hate it? I would love to know. I promise you I will get a longer chapter out next time. 

~Alyssa