Chapter 13- Fitz's P.O.V

A/N I wonder when the last time we updated this book two weeks in a row...

Heh.

Lauren and I wrote this chapter last week, and here it is! Presenting Chapter 13!! Hopefully today or Monday we can write, but who knows. (I hope we can!)

Love you ALL and enjoy this chapter of Fitz's P.O.V (Like who doesn't love that?!)

We walked the journey of listening to James talk about cookies and Keefe saying how disappointed he is that Sophie never introduced it to him. In the meantime, I started to take the rear and noticed Sophie's backpack looked different.

For one, there was no zipper.

For two, it looked emptier.

But I brushed it off thinking that she had grabbed a snack and the zipper fell off- Or there wasn't a zipper in the first place.

My thoughts were interrupted by James, "Dude, you're in luck. Where we are going, you'll get to taste the amazingness that is- not just cookies- but BLUE cookies."

Keefe looked confused, "What does the color have to do with anything?"

James threw his hands up, "Man! The color has to do with EVERYTHING! You have not experienced life until you have tried my step-god grandmother's blue cookies."

I froze. "I thought you were taking us to your godmother's house."

James turned around and said, "The address you gave me was to my godfather's mother's house."

I looked at Sophie, our eyes meeting.

"Do we have the wrong address?" I whispered to her as we started to move again.

"I don't know." Said Sophie, but she turned to James. "Do you know where your godmother's house is?"

"No because they just moved a few weeks ago and I haven't gotten the chance to visit their new home, yet. But I bet my god-grandmother, Sally, knows where they live."

"Ok, thanks." Sophie replied.

A little later Biana looked up and said, "It's getting dark. Maybe we should rest for the night and continue this in the morning?"

James nodded, "My house isn't too far from here, maybe my mom can convince dad to let you guys stay."

I swear I heard James mutter under his breath saying "she'll convince him, alright", but I ignored it, thinking I misheard him.

James turned to Dex, "I hope you don't mind my siblings. They probably won't bother us too much, though. I have a little sister who is two and a younger brother who is five."

Dex smiled, showing his dimples. "I have experience with younger siblings."

Sophie laughed and James held up his hand for a high five, which Dex gladly gave him.

We arrived at his home, which was definitely not elvin standards, but it was simple and cozy from the outside. It was a creamy yellow with white sidings, it had a small porch with a simple white porch swing and a flower garden in the front.

"This is it- my home." James said his face flushing a little. "Stay here for a little while I go talk to my dad."

He closed the door with a nervous fake smile.

We immediately heard a loud crash and a feminine voice quickly yelled in a motherly way, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

James' voice replied saying, "I'm fine mom, I was on a quest- Dad don't throw that chair at me! I know you missed me but really- Don't kill me!"

We five look at each other as the conversation inside continues our eyes wide in curiosity.

The door was suddenly opened by a short blond five-year old with a missing front tooth. Behind him was a slender and beautiful mother scolding a blond man who was giving James a noogie. I swear I recognized him from somewhere, but I can't remember where.

"Mommy, Daddy, we have peopleth are here!" The little boy said with a lisped voice.

They froze and turned to the five of us.

"Come on in." The mother said through a sweet smile, and I suddenly felt this irresistible urge to go inside that house. Turns out, all five of us went in quickly.

"You didn't tell me there was company, James." She said through a smile that said "you are going to die later".

James winced, "Uh yeah... Well, can they stay the night?"

The father looked at Sophie and Biana and turned and glared at James, looking as though he was about to explode.

"Jason, sweetheart, calm down." The mother said sweetly and Jason- the dad- immediately relaxed.

"My name is Piper, this is my husband Jason Grace, and our son Charlie. Bianca, our two year old, is already in bed. And it looks like you have already met our oldest, James."

"Nice to meet you." Sophie said and introduced us to the kind yet strange family.

We had dinner, and afterwards Mr. Grace and James did the dishes without complaining after Mrs. Grace- Piper- asked them to in her usual sweet voice and the somehow- for some reason- didn't object.

"The girls can sleep in James' room-" Piper began but Jason cleared his throat loudly with his eyebrows raised and eyes wide while James blushed. "And James can sleep in the basement with the boys." Piper said while glaring at Jason. I noticed that Sophie and Biana anywhere but at James' face. Piper motioned for them to follow her upstairs while we followed Jason downstairs.

Which made me feel a little uneasy.

As we made our way downstairs, James was trying to talk to his dad. "I know you didn't want me on any quests until I was 13." He appealed, "But You can't change the will of The Fates and they wanted me to go on that quest."

I suddenly felt like we were listening to a very personal conversation.

Jason kept walking, "I know. But if you had come to us about this quest, instead of running away, we would have prepared you with more than three bars of-" He glanced at us, "ahem -three lemon bars and your sword."

I looked at Dex and Keefe and genuinely looked curious, but they felt like they were invading just like I did. We walked into a small and neat finished basement, the conversation between father and son finished.

"Well this is it. Jason knows where there are sleeping bags, and I think we have enough."

Mr. Grace smiled and quickly went up the steps, taking two steps at a time.

"I CALL THE COUCH!" Keefe said leaping onto the couch flopping backwards.

"Not fair!" Dex said as he tackled Keefe and they began wrestling for the couch. They rolled onto the floor and I found my chance to steal the couch. I jumped over the wrestling duo onto the couch, sitting down in a formal manner with a smug smirk.

I hope it was a smirk- I am not as professional as Keefe is in that way.

"Wha- WAIT no fair!" Keefe whined as he noticed what I did.

"Too late. You guys chose to wrestle and I just sieged my opportunity."

James laughed as he tossed a sleeping bag to Keefe and Dex.

"Let's just go to sleep. I'm beat after defeating my first hydra."

A/N comment your thoughts and theories... I love to read them! :)