Chapter 3- Sophie's P.O.V (14 years later)

A/N andddd.... ANOTHER CHAPPPPPPYYYYY! Please comment thoughts :) Again, I apologize if this isn't the best. Anyway, enjoy!

Dex, Fitz, Tam, Linh, Keefe, and Biana were all in my room at Havenfield. We had much to discuss. "I can't believe he's dead." Biana murmured sadly. I sighed looking at my hand. "Granite gave me his cache. He said it was time for the Moonlark to open it." I said.

"But how? You have to know the code to open it." Fitz said.

"I didn't know he had a cache." Dex said interested.

"He told me a few months ago, but he didn't give me much information. Now we have to open it with the code, and mimic his voice." I looked at Keefe. He stood up and walked over, studying the cache.

"Any ideas on passwords?" He asked. Linh walked over.

"What about "Moonlark", considering he was part of Project Moonlark." She suggested. She looked at Sophie apologetically about how openly she said that. Keefe tried Mr. Forkle's voice with the "Moonlark" code, but nothing worked.

"Wait- how do you know it's not one of his other identities he used his voice for the cache?" Fitz asked. I leaned back sighing.

"I don't." I said bitterly.

Fitz rested his hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, we will figure this out." I sighed, but glad that Fitz understood.

"He did say he had a ton of identities. We just have to figure out his true form." Dex pointed out.

Tam walked over and looked at the cache that was now in my hand. "His other identities were Magnate Leto and Sir Astin... That we know of, right?" He asked.

I nodded in reply. "Well, let's try mimicking those voices before we try to figure out the other identities." He said. Keefe frowned, but didn't fight as he mimicked Sir Astin's voice first.

No response.

He then tried Magnate Leto's, but there was no hope in that either. "Well this is going to be hard." Biana said through a frown.

Sophie stood up. "The password could be wrong to." She said. They nodded, then Linh gasped.

"What is it?" Fitz asked.

"What if the Black Swan planted the password in Sophie's brain?!" She said, then realizing everything she was saying was related with Sophie.

"I'm sorry I-I-I didn't mean for it to be-"

"It's fine. But you have a point there." I told her.

Fitz looked at Sophie. "Fathomlethes, don't they help trigger things?" He asked.

I sighed remembering the pearls Keefe took to recover some memories. "I'll take two, for tonight, we can meet back tomorrow at dawn, at Calla's Tree." I informed them.

They all nodded and went upstairs to the Leapmaster, everyone but Fitz. "If you need anything, just transmit to me or hail me. I'll always be there for you." He said, which made my heart flutter.

    I hopped in the shower letting the rainbow water cool my body. Once I got out, I quickly got dressed into pajamas. I hopped onto my bed as Sandor handed me Ella. "Try not to stress too much Miss Foster." He told me as he gave me the pearls. I plopped them in my mouth as I curled up among the blankets. I let my sleep carry me away, letting the pearls drag me to the unknown dreams.

    I was falling and falling and falling.

Down.

    Down.

    Down.

         Down.

I kept falling, it felt endless, my hair blew in my face, but I finally reached the back of my mind. It was empty and dark, it felt cold, all I saw was black. Suddenly images of very faint and forgotten memories appeared in scattered areas. I scanned each one thoroughly, hoping to see something that Mr. Forkle never told her. But each memory was something she vaguely remembered from a long time ago. She walked down each aisle of memories, more appearing by the second. She stopped to look at one with her human family. She was only a toddler, about the age of two years old. Her Mom and Dad held one of her two hands. Swinging her back and forth as they walked into a grocery store. Her heart ached, and tears filled her eyes. But she kept moving on, knowing that these memories weren't necessarily helpful. She tripped and suddenly fell further into the depths of her mind.

Down

     Down

    Down

          Down

        Down

She went, further and further into her memories. Until she finally stopped at one single memory. It wasn't hers, and she definitely knew that. It was an image of an address, reading: "376 Bakers St. Manhattan New York". She didn't know what to think of this. But it was clearly implanted by the Black Swan. She was one step closer to figuring out the code for the cache.