Kaelen shrugged as he watched Lucas and Jacob reappear next to Kevin.  "I'm tired and still need to meet up with Acadia," he yelled toward Kevin when he saw they were about to start sparring again.

"Oh," called Kevin as he turned to look at Kaelen.  "How's the mediation going?"

Lucas wiped sweat from his brow as he joined Kevin and Kaelen's conversation.  "My mom said that you are doing well!"

"Mine did too," laughed Jacob as he appeared next to Kaelen.  "I need to go visit my parents so I'll go with you."

Kevin tilted back on his heels as he stared at Kaelen.  "Yes he is doing very well," he announced a little too happily.  "It may have something to do with the cute little pink and gold stone I gave her a few days ago."

"What stone," asked Lucas as he raised a hand to call for a bottle of water.

"Nothing," mumbled Kaelen as he glanced from beneath his eyelashes at Kevin.

"Oh," laughed Kevin as he ignored Kaelen's dark scowl.  "It sends a small pulse if he tries to drink too much from her."

"Ah," laughed Jacob as he took in Kaelen's blank expression.  "I would think that would definitely assist in making sure Xara remains alive while he's better trained."

Kaelen rolled his eyes, "One of you could have told me there was an actual dark presence inside you that drove you to kill."

"Now what fun would that have been," laughed Lucas as he patted him on the back.

"Whatever," mumbled Kaelen as he started to walk toward the door.  He turned in time to see Anthony show Sebastian the first of several basic fighting stances he'd need to learn.  With a grunt he nodded toward Jacob, "Is Lucas coming to?"

Jacob looked over his shoulder to see Lucas reach out to correct Sebastian's stance. "No he's eager to teach someone and Lucca and Layette are still too young to learn hand to hand combat."

Kaelen rolled his eyes as they stepped out of the coliseum.
********
Lawson Estate

"I appreciate you going shopping with me," smiled Xara as she stared down at the produce she'd purchased from the Silver Lights District.

Acadia gave Xara a bright smile as she waved for her to sit down, "It's the least I could do after you gave me those delicious brownies."

"Those brownies were good," chimed Celeste as she sat down across from Xara and Acadia.  "What type of brownies did you say they were again?"

Xara stared at the floor as she played with the skin on her thumb, "Blondie’s."

"Blondie’s," repeated Celeste thoughtfully.  "I believe I will have them served at the next banquet."

"Now," began Acadia as she sat back in the plush red chair and gazed at Xara.  "I need you to sit straight, stare in front of you and stop fiddling with your finger."

Xara immediately sat back in the chair, ramrod straight with her hands placed neatly in her lap.

"Ah," laughed Celeste as she watched Xara.  "You are so easy to comply with other's wishes.  We wanted to discuss that with you."

Xara stared from one to the other, "I don't understand."

"Ah'Tarian men are drawn to women that are weaker than them," laughed Acadia as she shook her head.

Xara gave a perplexed frown, "But Kayla and Ebony are not weak and neither are you."

Celeste nodded slowly as she contemplated Xara's words.  With caution, she slowly began to speak, "Lucas likes Kayla's fighting spirit but has on occasion tried to crush it.  Ebony knows how far she can push Jacob before he pushes back.  As for Acadia and myself we've been married for decades to Isaiah and Joshua."