Chapter 5: Promising students? / Is it....really...you?

Start from the beginning

Author: I know what almost all of you thought......and yes....plot convenience!

*conversation on scroll ends*

Ozpin: So?
(Y/N): *sigh* Alright, I'll stay.
Ozpin: Good. Then I want you to be an observer for the Initiation. If Grimm problems ever get out of hand for the incoming students, I want you to handle it.
(Y/N): Not to be a downer here but I have amnesia remember. I don't know if I can fight well.
Ozpin: Nonsense. I know you were the one to teach Rook how to fight and he's the star of combat class during his first year.
I sigh in defeat.
(Y/N): Fine.
I pulled out two black rectangular object.
Ozpin: What's that?
I pressed a button and my combat axe revealed itself.
(Y/N): My weapons.

Time skip

I stood on the cliffside smoking a cigarette while watching a group of students fight off a deathstalker and a nevermore. I noticed one of the students was Ruby. Isn't she a bit too young to join? Meh, maybe she accelerated in her grades. They finished the Nevermore and Deathstalker I gotta say, they have good teamwork as they were about to leave a pack of Beowolves with their Alpha jumped out of no where along with a group of Ursai with their Ursa Major. Okay, that's my cue I jumped down from the cliffside and turned into a smoke cloud and flew to them.

Ruby POV

We were cornered and nowhere to escape. Everyone firmly gripped their weapons ready for a fight that we don't know if we'll win. A beowolf jumped on us but it was instantly killed by a spike made out of smoke. We looked up and saw a smoke cloud. The smoke cloud then released spikes separating us from the creatures of Grimm it also made a pathway for us. Then a figure emerged from the smoke cloud and landed near me. The figure has black hair with red tips, wearing a white long sleeve for bakers, black pants, a white apron, and black shoes. He was also smoking a cigarette. This guy.....it's Dan from the bakery!

Me: Dan! What are you doing here?
Dan looks at me and noticed me.
Dan: Hey little Ruby. I'm here cuz Ozpin wanted me to be here.
Me: You're a baker AND a hunter?!
Dan: Hehe, not much of a hunter anymore but I practice. Now go! Leave these guys to me.
Yang: I don't who you are But we can help!
Dan: No, this is a bit too much for you to handle.
Yang: But-
Yang was cut off when suddenly all of us were wrapped in a big smoke ball and it flew away.

(Y/N) POV

I managed to make them get out the area. I then face the Grimm all snarling and growling at me.
(Y/N): Hehe, I forgot how ugly looking you all were.
I pulled out one of my axe behind my back and formed a smoke spear on my left hand. The smoke spears I threw earlier were still there so I manipulated all of it to form a smoke ball and made it float beside me.
(Y/N): You know what, since I'm in a hurry I might end this really quickly.
I exhaled some smoke from my cigarette and threw the cigarette away. I formed all of the smoke and made it surround me forming a half of a skeleton above me. The skeleton's rib cage covered me for protection.