Satisfactory At Last (FINALE)

Your brother is in danger. He needs your help. You can end his pain. You have to, for him.

White Hat looked into the corridor, looking for the scientist, should he be roaming around close by. When he saw and heard nothing, he made a sharp right turn at full speed, turning a corner and running down a set of stairs.

He kept looking behind him, expecting Flug to be there. He wasn't used to fighting without his powers, he felt weak, vulnerable. Which he was. His magic was a part of who he was, what made him the hero he had become. But, since that wasn't an option, he'd have to do this the old fashioned way.

Black Hat would definitely have some weapons lying around, right?

White Hat checked room after room, finding most of them to be bedrooms, and even finding Dementia's old room. Nothing that he could use. Empty guns, maces that were far too big to be practical.

He wandered the maze-like halls for seemingly hours before he heard something other than his own breathing. Footsteps, dead ahead.

White Hat gasped, knowing that Flug was just meters away, and if he was caught now, Black have no chance. He frantically ran back the way he'd come, reaching the lab quickly.

He loosely cuffed himself once more, lying back on the cold floor.

The door opened only seconds later, and Flug entered the room.

White Hat tried to stay still and quiet, praying Flug wouldn't look too closely at him. When he heard the sound of shoes walking away from him, he allowed his eye to open just slightly.

Flug looked sharp. He had on a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his biceps and black dress pants. White Hat saw that he was digging in a drawer for something. He seemingly found the object of his search and pulled it out. A black bow tie.

Flug wrapped it around his neck and proceeded to tie it (with some difficulty).

Seems like he's excited for Black Hat's arrival White Hat thought bitterly.

Flug, bow tie now tied, reached into a locked drawer, pulling out something else. A knife, and a big one at that. White Hat should have known he'd had a weapon drawer.

Flug hummed a happy little tune, and he put the knife between his belt and his pants, it hanging as if in a sheath. He continued to hum as he exited the room.

White Hat sat still for a minute, before relaxing his body. He breathed heavy, the stress weighing on his lungs.

White Hat suddenly glanced down at the drawer that Flug had left open. Knives. Lots of them. White Hat shuddered at the sight, but he grabbed one anyways, holding it firmly. It was time to end this for good.

---

Damn. Flug walked briskly towards the entrance of the manor. White Hat got that song stuck in my head. Well, I have nothing against the Carpenters, but I don't know how much I want to hear it over and over.

He smiled, still humming his song.

At last, at long last, Black Hat was going to be his. He smiled wider. Black Hat would be mad, oh sure, Flug had accepted that long ago. But with time (and love, lots and lots of love), they would grow close again. They could be married, maybe with a small family. His story finally had a happy ending.

"Flug"

The scientist stopped in his tracks, knowing whose voice that was. He turned.

"I was wondering when you'd escape"