Chapter 20

~*I dont own anything, everything converted to camren*~

"You guys ready?" Normani questioned as lauren and dinah arrived from their rooms. They had finished their workout and had taken quick showers now they were all in the living room ready to begin their karaoke night.

"Alright! Laur get some snacks and drinks ready!" Dinah commanded as she smirked. She had a surprise for the girls. If they were going to do this they were going to do it right.

Lauren nodded as she went to the kitchen to prepare some snacks that would last the whole night with four people.

Dinah then clapped her hands causing the lights to turn off causing normani and camila to shriek in surprise.

"Calm down you two!" Dinah told them almost instantly as she walked over towards a lone light switch and flicked it up causing a different set of lights to come on in the room.

It was already 8 pm so the sunlight outside had already faded making the room dark when dinah cut off the lights.

The second set of lights however were a combination of red and blue making the room have a club like vibe.

"Wow, your parents really did pull out all the stops for this place didn't they..." camila muttered as she calmed down and examined the room.

"More like dinah convinced them to get something as pointless as these lights." Lauren stated as she came back with a trey of snacks and drinks for the group to share.

"It came in handy though." Dinah stated with a smirk as she walked up to the karaoke machine. "So who is going first?" Dinah questioned.

Normani immediately stood up from her place on the couch. "I guess I'll start us off!" She stated in her usual cheerful tone.

Dinah smiled having expected the girl to volunteer. After all it was her idea from the start to even do this.

"Great, so which song do you want to do?" She questioned as she turned the machine on. It connected to the internet so the user could pick from the latest songs despite how old the machine became.

"Shake it Off!" Normani said in an excited tone.

Dinah nodded as she typed the song into the machine and handed normani the mic and walked to the couch as the countdown began.

Normani walked to the middle of the living room so everybody could see her.

5..

4..

3..

2..

1..

Suddenly a beat started. It was extremely loud consider all of the speakers dinah had connected in the living room.

"I stay out too late
Got nothing in my brain
That's what people say, mmm-mmm
That's what people say, mmm-mmm"

Normani started as she tapped her foot on the ground to keep up with the beat.

"I go on too many dates
But I can't make 'em stay
At least that's what people say, mmm-mmm
That's what people say, mmm-mmm"

The dark skinned girl was clearly into it as she began moving her hands to try and match the words that she was singing.

"But I keep cruising
Can't stop, won't stop moving
It's like I got this music
In my mind
Saying, "It's gonna be alright."

Normani then suddenly walked towards the couch specifically towards dinah.