Tears On My Heart, Tears On My Cheek, Tears On My Window, Tears For A Week

Joey's p.o.v.

I'm in the car with Danny and the kids on my way to the hospital. Jesse got into an accident. We don't know how bad he's hurt. It's raining hard outside. It's completely quiet in the car. I don't like this.. It was always quiet at home when I still lived with my parents. No brothers, no sisters. My dad in the army. And when he was home he barely said a thing accept "Stop joking around, Joseph." All he'd ever say was how disappointed he was in me. The only thing I was ever good at was cracking people up, making them happy but it seemed like my dad just didn't want to be. He never tells me he loves me.. And my mother.. well she was sweet, caring, overprotective at times. I was only 12 years old when she died.. I loved her a lot.. I don't wanna think about it. "Hey guys, I've got a joke; If a man crashes his car into a woman, who's fault is it?" "I'm really not in the mood for jokes right now, Joey." Danny says focusing on the road. "The answer is: Well, what was a man doing in the kitchen!" I laugh loudly. "Joey, that's not funny at all. Jesse could be seriously hurt and all you can do is joke and laugh?" DJ says. I'm just trying to lighten the mood.." I lie. I'm trying to forget that this is all my fault. If I hadn't kissed Kallie in front of him or hadn't started dating her to begin with, this wouldn't have happened.

When we finally arrive at the hospital  everone but me gets out of the car. "Joey, aren't you coming?" Stephanie asks. "I'll be there later." I say. When they're all gone I close the car door and lock it. Rain is pouring down the window unlocking a deep sadness in me . This is all my fault. I lean my head against the window as tears stream down my face. Why did I have to be so stupid? What if he's d... dead? The last thing he saw of me was the makeout with Kallie. If he's dead then.. No.. I'm not gonna sit here and feel sorry for something I can't change. I need to know if he's okay, I need to know.

I enter the hospital with an uneasy feeling. After I've asked the secretary where Jesse's room is I make my way to it. I'm standing in front of the door amd look through the window. Danny, Stephanie, and DJ are all sitting around his bed looking at him sadly .Well, atleast they're not crying. That would mean something terrible'd happened. I open the door. "Hey, guys." I say. All their heads turn my way and only now I see that they all have tears on their cheeks.

Oh God.