She eyed me down as I peered over the pictures with a blank expression. I've been in an interrogation room plenty of times, mainly based off of shit that had nothing to do with me. I never folded on any of my homies back in the day, so I damn sure won't fold on myself. I'll play oblivious until I can't anymore, or until they have all the proof they need to send me away forever.

"I'm not understandin'.", I said, tilting my head to the side in confusion.

"Deandre Zavion Martin, born July 4th, 1995. Your mother is Ms. Gina May Martin. Father Mr. Zuric Gregory Lewis. You may not understand what I'm hinting at Mr. Martin, but I know you like the back of my hand. Reading over your case, I was truly fascinated on how you came here on a very simple, self defense charge, but actually caused yourself to fall victim to the system. Your juvenile record is long, and it's filled with things that could've put you behind bars for the rest of your life, but there is also a substantial amount of allegations here that I personally believe is just fuel to the fire. I'm not here for my health Deandre, I'm here to save your ass. Now, shall we talk business?", she asked, laying out the issues for me.

I didn't take to kindly to her approach, I have my own lawyer and she's damn sure one of the best, but this lady was talking big. I'm interested in what she knows before I decide to make any real decisions. I'll pay her the money just to get some information, but it's no promises that I'll let her in.

"How did you even find out about me?", I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"That's classified information Mr. Martin. I didn't come here to be interrogated, I'm not the one in chains.", she said, leaving me with a blank expression. The nigga that stood to her right just looked between the two of us as if he could sense the tension within the room. I'm not feeling shit she talking about right now, but I'll play along just to be aware of all this other shit they trying to throw on my name. "Your options are simple, you can either allow me to assist you throughout this case, or you can continue to play victim behind those cell bars. The decision is yours. I'll give you twenty four hours to make a choice. Think wisely and you have a blessed day."

She gathered the things off of the table and rose, preparing to exit. The trick was for me to stop her and take her offer, but she must be stupid if she thinks I'm going to just give in off temptation. It's not like she throwing me no real offers of how to be a free man, she just offering me her help. Shaking my head, I watched as the man left behind her, leaving me to wait as the guards came to take me back into the cel blocks. This was the last place I could see myself within a long run because I move so smooth, but I'll do anything to protect my love and that's evident. Hopefully I'll be out of here before she gives birth to our child.

"We're taking you to the recreational area Martin. You got thirty minutes, you know the procedure.", the guards who came to assist me began leading me further down the halls, unlocking doors along the way. The recreational area was not some shit I enjoyed like the rest of the niggas locked up in here. The shit was pointless because despite the thirty minutes, you're only allowed five minutes on the phone. Majority of the time, it's some gang related violence type shit going on, and them niggas love looking at me like I'm a piece of meat. Everybody just really got me fucked up in here.

The walk to the recreational area was quick, and the first thing I could do was go to the first open phone booth and occupy it. Grabbing the phone, I dialed Sincere's number and waited patiently for her to answer. Within a matter of a few rings, she answered and it felt like my heart jumped hearing her voice on the other line.