30 - Uncontrollable

By the time grandfather let me go from multiple rounds of chess, the sun had already set. Tired, I skipped his offer for dinner and head on back to my condo to sleep. But just as I entered Sora Tower, I found Eli Frye waiting in the empty lobby.

"What are you doing here?"

                The man stood up from the seat, facing me with his usual quiet expression. I was exhausted to remain polite or guess what his reasons for the abrupt presence. In that moment, I seriously consider moving - but then again, no matter where I go, people still manage to find me. Ironic how I use to wish to be seen, but no one saw me. Now when I want to be hidden, yet all eyes focus on me. 

"Just leave" I sighed before walking away.

"Wait" He suddenly grab hold of my hand. "Why did you let your guard down around him?"

                I knew he was talking about Malik Shah. I had been foolish to let my guard down around the Arabic Prince. I should have been more careful not to put myself in a position to be exposed by the media. On my defense, I didn't think that prince was brazen enough to use me in his little cat and mouse game. And he had done it to get a response out of Alexander Locke. I didn't think the playboy prince was that idiotic to pull such moves.

"You have no right to ask about my business"

                I tried to pulled away from his grip and put distance between us, but he was refusing to let go.

"No rights..." Eli Frye repeated softly.

                Looking at him, I could see the pain on his face. Why was he hurt by the truth? We have zero relationship. He should not care about my affairs. He did not have that right.

"What must I do to have that right?"

                His question caught me off guard.

"Tell me" He pressed.

"You..." What can I say? What should I say?

                I was stunned to see Eli Frye in turmoil.

"I don't understand..." I felt an uncomfortable pressure against my heart. "Why are you persisting when you never noticed me in the past...?"

"I don't understand it either..."  Eli Frye said with resignation clearly in those vivid blue eyes. "For you to be so close... yet I never noticed until now..."

"What changed?"

                In the past, I was like air to him – completely invisible. Nothing I did caught his attention. When I had fought to gain his affection, I was overlooked. When I poured my heart out to him, I was cast-off.

"I'm sorry" His eyes revealed his regrets.

"I don't want your apologies"

                Whether it's Rose or Eli, I hated it when they apologize to me.

"I have no right..." He repeated. "Even so..."

                Eli Frye had not look away from me nor had he let go of my hand. His blue eyes were staring, as if trying to see my soul.

"It's already too late..." His voice resonates deeply inside me. "The feeling is uncontrollable..."

                His confession caused my heart to ache.

"Calla..."

"Please" Because I didn't want to hear his words any further, I begged. "Enough... enough..."

                No matter how much I tell myself not to be influenced by his words. It had already gone beyond my control.

"I'm tired" I needed to sleep. "Please..."

                Only then, did he let me go.