14 - Dinner

I have a problem. I don't know what to wear. Soon, Eli Frye will pick me up for dinner but I have no clue on where he was taking me; therefore, I have no idea on the appropriate attire. Standing inside my walk-in closet, I looked blankly at all the clothes.

"Miss Calla" George's voice brought me out of my trance. "Mr. Frye has arrived"

"What?" I looked down at my Omega and saw that it was 6:30. "Why is he already here?"

"Shall I tell the receptionist to have him wait in the lobby?"

I nodded while quickly picking out an outfit. Thirty minutes later, I went downstairs to see Eli Frye in a tieless dark blue suit, waiting in the empty main lobby. I was relieved that I chose to wear a shift black dress with off shoulders sleeves. I was worried that I had over dress.

"You're here early" I couldn't help but complain. "I barely had time to_"

I stopped myself from rambling more nonsense. Gripping on my red LV clutch, I looked down at my red heels. When the silence stretched for too long, I looked up to see the tall Eli Frye staring down at me. Unsettled by his eyes, I turned toward the building entrance.

"We should go" I walked off.

Waiting outside was a white unmarked Bugatti Chiron. I knew without a doubt that the two and a half million dollar car belonged to Eli Frye. When the tall man casually walked to it and opened the passenger side door, I helplessly looked back toward the lobby.

"Calla" His voice was soft but I could hear it clearly. "It's only dinner"

It's only dinner. I repeated it in my head while I walked over to him. Careful not to look at the man, I sat inside the car. When he went to the driver seat, I purposely looked out the window to avoid any contact with him. Unexpectedly, Eli Frye leaned across the center console.

"W_ what are you doing?" I panicked at his sudden closeness.

Eli Frye remained calm and expressionless while reaching for the seatbelt.

"You could have told me to_"

Before I could finish complaining, the man already buckled me in.

"You_" I was speechless.

Will I always act like an idiot around this man?

"Can you just go?" I glared at him before turned back to the window.

After a long while, the man finally started the car engine. Something tells me it would be a long night ahead.