9 : The Prize

"You guys were amazing!"

                Ben Carter and Mason Banks went up on stage to congratulate Alex and me. Ben Carter came to be with opened arms, but Iside-stepped away to let him hug the air. Instead, I went to hug the harmless of the two men – Mason Banks.

"Get your annoying friend away from me" I whispered sternly with a smile.

                Mason Banks was smart enough to put himself between Ben Carter and me.

"The Winners of the Aion's Game!"

                The announcement had the crowd applause louder.

"I'm curious" Ben Carter grinned at me. "You were pretty impressive on the sixth challenge. It's remarkable how well you can handle a gun"

                The white gun had been a toy gun, but the weight and make of it had been comparable to a real one. Instead of lead and metal plated bullets, it shoots holographic bullets.

"Makes people wonder if you can handle a real gun the same way" Ben Carter teased.

"We can test out that theory" I smiled back at him. "If Mr. Carter is willing to hold a target, we can see how well I shoot"

                While the crowd laughed at my supposed joke, I could see the wry smile on Ben Carter's face.

"Why don't we bring out the prizes for our Winners to choose?" Mason Banks forced out a smile as he waved over the waiting staff.

Three men in white suits stepped forward, each holding a white case – all varies in size and shape. Mason Banks gave a nod and the men all opened the cases to reveal an original Guarneri violin, a scroll which unraveled into an original Soga painting, and gorgeous oak wood chess set.

"Go ahead Calla" Alex smiled at me.

                I wasn't surprised when Alex let me choose.

"The chess set" I spoke without hesitation.

                Some were surprised with my choice. Normally, I would have chosen the violin, but right now, I was more interested in the chess set. When the man with the chess set stepped forward, Alex went to retrieve the white case.

"Thank you for the prize and the game was fun"

                I smiled at the hosts before I left the platform stage with Alex.

"Ah" I had thought to go back to our table when I saw a familiar face. "Grandpa..."

                The regal old man had been sitting a table closest to the stage. Because of the dim lighting, I hadn't noticed his presence until now. With a smile, I went to greet the handsome old man.