Halloween- The Only Faith

Start from the beginning

                I put a hand on his lower back and kissed his cheek. "I'll help you survive it."

                "Survive it? You're the reason I'm going to die of stress before it's over. I know your big mouth. A party with my dad and the teachers there? You're going to pick a fight with someone," Leon said.

                "I'd like to promise you that I would never do that, but I find honesty is the best policy," I said. "Let's go party!"

                We left the dorm and walked the path to where the Halloween party was being had. Constance Academy could put on a show, I'd give them that. The room the party was in was neatly decorated, snacks and drinks were lined around on tables, kids were dancing to surprisingly catchy music, and the lights gave the room a creepy atmosphere.

                I spotted several teachers I knew mingling by the drinks and wondered how hard they spiked the punch to survive this night. I also spotted Constance himself and made a mental note to stay far away from him so I didn't kill Leon from stress.

                "Hello, Leon," Mr. Sternberg greeted as he moved past our group.

                "Great to see you too, Sternberg. You'll be first on my list of houses to toilet paper," I said.

                "Brennan!" Leon shook his head. "I apologize for him, Mr. Sternberg. He'll behave."

                Mr. Sternberg shot me a dirty look before disappearing into the crowd. Leon took my hand and tugged me away from the others.

                "You're coming with me, as far from the teachers as we can get," he said.

                "Are you handing out candy tomorrow?" I said.

                The Halloween party at the Academy was being held the day before Halloween. On Halloween, the candy let Blue students volunteer to pass out candy from their dorm rooms so kids from the community could come through and trick-or-treat at the dorms.

                "For a bit, probably. My dad said it's important to contribute to the community," Leon said. "But when I'm done passing out candy, we can hang out."

                "We're marathoning horror movies in mine and Fagan's room all day," I said. "I'll make sure you don't miss the best ones."

                "And what are the best ones?" he said.

                "Anything that doesn't scare the shit out of me," I said. "Ted will kill me if I call him crying at 3 a.m. because I think Michael Myers is in the corner of the room."

                "You're such a baby," Beckett said, stepping up next to me. "Fagan went to go terrorize the teachers and Tessa's trying to stop him. I fucking hate Halloween."

                "Isn't your dad here? We should torture him," I said.

                Beckett shot me a glare. "Don't pick a fight with my dad."

                "Don't pick a fight with anyone," Leon said, grabbing my hand and holding it firmly. "I'm keeping an eye on you tonight."

                "You're all fun killers," I said.

                "Let's go dance. Maybe that'll get your mind off of tormenting your teachers," Leon said, tugging me towards the crowd. "Beck, go keep Fagan under control. My dad is here and he'll be keeping an eye on you guys."

                We joined the dancing crowd of students. The music being played was actually pretty good, and I did my best to dance without looking like I was being possessed by the devil.

                "You suck at dancing," Leon said, but he was smiling.

                "I'll keep that in mind when we're watching scary movies tomorrow with the lights out and I get tempted to scare you," I said.

                He held my hands in his as we moved our bodies together, neither of us knowing how to dance but both of us doing our (terrifying to watch) best. I smiled a bit. As good of a chance as this seemed to go after the teachers, I'd have to keep my impulses in check and just have fun with Leon.

                "I'm pretty full of restless energy," I warned.

                "Then we better keep dancing," Leon said.

                "Hopefully it'll tire you out enough to make you fall asleep at a decent time. You have a bedtime tonight, mister. Home by eight, in bed by nine, got it?" I said.

                "You're stricter than my parents," Leon said.

                "Well, someone has to look out for your health," I said, lightly poking at the bags under his eyes. He swatted my hand away and took it back in his grasp.

                "My health is fine, Brennan," Leon assured. He looked around before giving me a quick kiss, trying to get comfortable with his sexuality in public.

                I hugged him close. "I am an asshole, I've been arrested twice, I once almost convinced my father to drive me to Canada, and my new purpose in life is terrorizing the teachers at the Academy, but I am also a sappy, loving boyfriend who will knock you the fuck out if it means you get a good night of sleep."

                "A concussion and a few hours of sleep, my dream," Leon said.

                "You make a cute wizard," I said, looking at his costume.

                "You make a cute, alive Sirius Black," he said.

                "How the fuck dare you."

                "Struck a nerve?"

                "Struck a fight, square up fucko."

                Leon rolled his eyes and tugged on my hands to get me to dance again. "I spend most Halloweens helping my parents. It'll be fun to have a movie night with everyone."

                "It'll be good for you to relax," I said, glad he'd join us tomorrow night. I'd wrap him in blankets, feed him junk food, and slip sleeping pills into his drink. Hey, if I was getting arrested for a third time, it was going to be for drugging my boyfriend into a healthy sleeping pattern.

                So we danced together, trying to enjoy the Halloween party in our playful costumes. Who knew I'd actually enjoy Halloween at the Academy?

-------------------------------------

A.N.- Happy Halloween everyone! Fun fact, Leon made his first (vague) appearance ever in the Conversion Academy Halloween special (98% chance he was exhausted back then). Have fun, be safe, eat candy, sacrifice people who like emus to Satan, watch scary movies, have a good Halloween