Chapter 12: King X Diane

Start from the beginning

Out of the water was a diamond shaped water blob. Ever so slowly it morphed into a person's body figure. I had to get close to see for myself. Climbing down the branch was easy. So was walking cautiously in the leftover flood that might suck me to death. As I got closer to the watery female, she outstretched her hand.

"My...Queen..." she called out. I touched her hand. A blinding light enveloped the dome. It didn't last long though. When I reopened my eyes, the place had gone back to normal. There was no evidence of a flash flood at all. I also noticed that the watery figure had disappeared from my sight.

"My Queen!" yelled someone from above. A child in a white gown and two fairy wings descended down.
"Are you Elaine?" she bowed before me.
"Your Lady in Waiting, Your Highness. I am Elaine." I also did a curtsy. "Thank you rescuing me. I am forever in debt to you."
"I am so glad that you're okay. Being trapped in here for so long must have been hard." I held both of her hands. King is gonna happy cry from this. I'm sure of it.

"I would do anything for my kingdom....for you My Queen." Elaine smiled like a child receiving a Christmas gift.

My back suddenly burned. It felt like a weight was hanging behind me. "Elaine..what..what's going on?!"Was I hexed?

"This is a good sign, My Queen.Just a little more..." Elaine comforted me as I crouched down the ground. "It's almost over...just a bit more...." she chanted. I gripped her shoulders tight. What was happening?

After 5 agonizing minutes, the burning had disappeared leaving some kind of baggage on my back. "Elaine,what happened?"
"Congratulations, My Queen. Your wings have grown!" she cheered.

Wait Wings??? I quickly ran to the fountain to look at my reflection. I had wings! My very own wings! My face was wet. I was happily crying from my achievement. "I have..w..wings...I can finally go home....." I wanted to faint but wished that when I wake up, it won't be a dream. These happy thoughts didn't last long since the whole dome started shaking.
"My Queen, what is happening?"
"I'll explain later....for now, we gotta go."
"My Queen....."
"Can you stop calling me 'My Queen'? It's getting very annoying." If I hear another formal address I'm gonna puke.
"You can call me Diane. I'm not the Queen. I can't stay here for long." Elaine's face turned pale.
"What? That can't be! You are married to the Fairy King!"
"I did not marry Gloxinia therefore I am not a Queen." I just saved her and now we're arguing.
"The forest responded to you..." She pressed forward.
"Because I was the 'chosen' Queen but I am not married." This debate can continue later. We need to get out of here.
"But you are married."

"Can we do this later? Gloxinia is out to get us." I grabbed her by the hand and started running.
"How can you say that you aren't married?!The moment you read that incantation, you have sworn your right of rule. To top it off, your blood in the cup already signifies your marriage contract with my brother!"

I stopped dead in my tracks."W...what?"
"You are now married to my brother,Harlequin" That name. Why does that name ring a bell but I can't pinpoint where the sound came from.
"Who is Harlequin?"
"The one and only heir to the throne.... My older brother, King." my eyes widen in shock. Elaine stood there telling me everything.

*****

Normal POV

King had taken down the last of the warrior fairies. He made sure not to kill anyone since he did not want to harm any of his fairy brethren. A blinding light resonated from the dome. King had a good look for a moment before turning his focus back to Gloxinia. Did Diane do it? Has Elaine been free? These are his thoughts while fighting.
"You just won't give up do you...huh.....Har-le-quin?" Gloxinia tried the old 'say-his-name' trick but nothing happened. King was hoping for bad luck to strike him but nothing came.