Escape

Actaeon's P.O.V

Happiness soared into my heart at the sight of her. I dropped Miguel to the floor.

"Gather the troops! Make sure not to harm the girl, destroy everyone else who came with her!" I commanded. I didn't see anyone with her, but just to be safe. "If one scratch lands on Li, I will torture all of you," I threatened.

"Yes Master!" Miguel whimpered, grabbing the tea tray and rushing out of the room.

I was beaming from ear to ear. 

She came back! The dark whisper hissed joyfully.

Yes! She came back! My heart soared and dipped with ecstasy. Oh my gods, she came back for me! My eyes blurred and swam with pleasure in the form of tears. She...she really came back...

Yesssss, and now we can make her ours. You know what to do... Karuppan sizzled. Yes, I named him. Got a problem?

Li...We'll be together...for eternity...

Charles's P.O.V

The sirens blared, the noises pounding my ears and squeezing my skull.

"Make it stop..." I whispered, tears prickling my eyelids. "Make it stop!" My eyes pressed together, creating a whirlpool of darkness to appear. Bright flashing red lights also appeared in my vision. No matter how much I try to shut my eyes close, it continued to haunt me.

Soldiers ran past, their combat boots creating a symphony of thumping feet. One soldier was lagging behind and they turned to me.

Black eyes as dark as shadows and as soulless as Satan stared at me. They gripped the bars of the cage with both hands and a muffled voice spoke behind the helmet. "Charlie." Just one word, yet it became my savior. 

My eyes lit up with excitement and gratitude. "Li!" I softly cried out.

"I put the cameras on loop around here, I'll get you out in a sec," she took put a pick-lock set somewhere from her mass of pockets. She bent down and wiggled the pick-lock into the padlock and used the torsion wrench to jiggle the metal rods within the padlock. What was seconds seemed like hours and the gate finally swung open. "Let's go." Combat material was thrown at me.

I quickly put the clothing over my usual outfit before putting on the helmet and hesitantly took the guns and knives. Li turned on her heel and ran down the corridor, to where I assume - and hope - is the exit.

We marched past many empty cells. That's when I begin to wonder: Was I the only prisoner? It was highly unlikely, for someone like Arctic. But...

"Why is there no one else down here?" I asked Li.

"Because the so-called prisoners are now slaves or toys, whatever you want to call them." Pity and compassion filled her voice. And something like regret?

"Was I going to be a slave?" I pondered.

"No, your bait," Li responded. "To lure me in." She did not evaluate and she didn't say anything more.

The rest of our journey was uneventful and deadly quiet. We managed to get to the exit without any problems, which was highly suspicious. As we turned the next corner, bright light filled my vision. 

Well, not actual bright light, but metaphorically. It was the exit! I couldn't stop a smile from taking over my face. "We're going to be free!" I whispered, overcome with joy.

"Don't be so happy," Li grimaced. "We're not in the safe zone yet."

"I'm sure I am the safe zone you're looking for," Arctic appeared out of no where, a sadistic and yandere beaming smile on his lips.

Ohh shittttt. I forgot about him.

"Li!" I cried out on instinct. I know why he's here - he's going to take Li away!

"Charles, run. There's a motorcycle out there," she scowled at Arctic.

"But Arctic!-" I protested.

"Did you just call me "Arctic"?" The said person inquired, raising an eyebrow at me.

At the same time, Li demanded, "Leave!" I ignored the boy and started running towards the exit. Swerving around him, who strangely, let me past.

He was occupied with Li, with a love struck look on his face. My heart sank. I whirled around and screamed, "Li! Come with me! Please!"

"What do you mean? I'm coming! After I deal with him!" Li shot me an exasperated look.

"LI!" I wailed. "NO! COME WITH ME! LEAVE HIM! HE WON'T BOTHER WITH YOU! PLEASE! THINK OF EVERYONE ELSE! You know what he's going to do with you, and you know what he wants! Are you really going to give it to him?!"

"Psh, no one will miss me when I'm gone. Besides, this is to protect you, you ungrateful brat." Despite the light-hearted tone, she wasn't denying it.

My heart plummeted to my shoes, cracking into a thousand pieces. "I love you! I can't let you do this!"

"Don't worry, I'll kill him. Okay? Do you trust me or not?" She paid no heed to my admission. I felt even worse.

Though what really made me hate myself was when I turned and ran through the open doors. Into the arms of my comrades. 

But it was too late.