The New Girl

Charlie's P.O.V

  "Yo Charlie!" My bud, Antonio waved at me. I waved back and jogged towards him.

  "Have you heard?" Samuel, another one of my friends, said. "There's a new girl coming."

  "Really?" I asked. It was freshman year but everyone here knows one another since grade school so there was no nervous people looking around to make quick friends.

  "Who cares about the new girl?" Antonio huffed. "[The] Fighter Girls are in town!"

  "OMG! I'm sooo nervous. What if they came into our school?" Liza asked.

  "It's okay, they won't hurt us." I assured her. I think.

  "They may be a gang, but they protect people...right?" Sam (Samuel) said.

  "Mhm." Bryan said. "They help the innocent."

  "And we all know you're not innocent." I joked. Bryan shot me a death glare while the rest of us laughed.

  "GUYS! HELLO! I MISSED YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH!" Alison shouted, running toward us.

  "Hey Ali." We all said in unison. We all chatted while waiting for our other friends.

  Then something peculiar happened.

  A limo drove up to our school.

  Everyone grew silent. It was so quiet you could hear people breathing.

  The passenger's door opened and out stepped a guy dressed in black, who went to the back door. He opened it up and offered someone his hand.

  A girl stepped out. She was slim and tall. The girl has black hair and she was wearing sunglasses. A pair of black Nike sneakers stepped onto the pavement.

  She's wearing black designer jeans and a black t-shirt. She stopped to say something to the guy and the guy ran a hand through his dark hair. He gestured with his other hand as he talked. The girl just looked at the ground and shook her head.

  The guy nodded and said something else before stepping back into the limo.

  The girl dragged out a black backpack decorated with...is that blood?! No, must be paint or something.

  She walked towards the school but stopped in the middle of the courtyard.

  "What are you staring at?" She snapped at us. "Go back to doing whatever you were doing."

  Slowly, everyone stopped gawking at her and she disappeared into the school.

♥ ♥ ♥

  Everyone sat down into their seats in homeroom. I was about to sit down into the chair next to Antonio but the teacher stopped me.

  "Hey, what's wrong?" I said, annoyed.

  "I was informed that you are a troublemaker especially with your friends so I need to put you over there, where I can keep an eye on you." He said pointing at a table in the front near the window.

  "Fine." I growled.

  I plopped into my seat, fuming, as the teacher introduced himself. Like we would care.

  "Good morning students, I am Mr. Daxton, your English teacher and your homeroom tea-" Before he could finish, the door flew open with a bang.

  The girl we saw before that arrived in a limo appeared at the doorway. She was looking at a map, scowling as she fumbled with the paper.

  "This is A312 right?" The girl grumbled putting away the school map. Before we could reply she backpedaled out the door and glanced at the sign.

  "Okay, I'm at the right place..." She mumbled to herself. She took off her sunglasses and replaced them with nerdy glasses.

  She glared at us, her eyes dark and cold skimming over our faces.

  "Hello, welcome to 9th grade." Mr. Daxton said to the girl. The girl's expression immediately changed into something softer, more kind, innocent.

  "Hello...Mr. Daxton?" She asked, not sure if that's his name.

  "Yep." Mr. Daxton replied looking at her. "You must be the new girl?"

  "Yes sir." The girl said, turning toward us.

  Damn, I thought. She's pretty.

  The girl is Asian and her almond shaped eyes is mismatched. Her left eye is bigger than her right but on her it looked adorable. Her straight black hair flowed down her back like a waterfall.

  "Why don't you sit over there with Charles?" Mr.Daxton said.

  The girl stared at me, not saying anything.

  "Hey, I know I'm handsome but can you please don't stare like that? It's giving me the creeps." I said, jokingly.

  "I'm sorry, but you must be blind if you think you're handsome, Charles." The girl replied, shooting me a glare.

  Her glare caused me to shiver. What's wrong with you? I scolded myself, it's just a girl.

  "Oooh, burn!" Sam said.

  "Shut up Sam." I grumbled. Everyone chuckled at my sudden mood.

  "Why don't you introduce yourself?" Mr. Daxton said.

  "You guys go first." She said to us. So we told her our names and our nicknames.

  The girl listened carefully, storing information until we finished.

  She looked at us and smirked. "I'm Lianna Lisha Li, but you can just call me Li."

  "Okay Li, why don't you go sit next to Charles? I need to go get some papers from the office." Mr. Daxton said, walking out the door.

  Li slowly walked over to me. As she did, her expression turned cold and dark, unlike the friendly one from before.

  "Move." She instructed, standing over me.

  "Why?" I asked. I was sitting at the window seat.

  "Just get up." She sighed. So I got up and she sat down at my seat.

  "What? No 'Thank you'? No 'You're the best Charlie?'" I asked, putting my right hand over my heart pretending to be hurt.

  "Nope." Li said, smugly. And then her face changed again into the friendly face.

  I looked over my shoulder to see Mr. Daxton walking into the classroom.

  "Sit down Charles." He said.

  I sat down in my seat and for the rest of homeroom, I tried to talk to my friends, most of them were at the back of the room.

  Near the end of class, I saw a crumbled up piece of paper fly across the room and hit Antonio who were sitting near the door because of Mr. Daxton.

  I watch as Antonio pick it up and unfold it.

  "Antonio, is that a note you're sending to Charles?" Mr. Daxton asked. Everyone quieted down and watch the scene unfold.

  He snatched up the piece of paper and read it, while he read, his face turn redder and redder.

  "IS THIS SOME SORT OF JOKE?!" Mr. Daxton yelled, red faced. "THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! YOU WILL SERVE DETENTION FOR THE REST OF THIS WEEK! STARTING TODAY!"

  "What?" I asked. "What did he do wrong?"

  Mr. Daxton turned around and started shouting at me. "BE GLAD I DIDN'T CATCH YOU WITH THE NOTE MR. COSTA! IT'S NOT EVEN ONE HOUR INTO THE SCHOOL DAY YET AND YOU TROUBLEMAKERS ARE ALREADY CAUSING TROUBLE!"

  The bell rang just then but no one moved until Li stood up and walked to the door, causing the rest of us to move too.

  "You better watch yourself, Charles." Mr.Daxton said when I passed him.

  This is gonna be a looong day.