29 | She Protects

29 | She Protects 

• • •

   Sakura woke up, the burning sensation increasing every second on her neck. Sunlight streamed through their hideout. Sasuke and Naruto still lay unconscious and she quickly checked Sasuke's pulse and breathed in relief. She dipped the towel once more and placed it on his burning forehead.

    She was fully awake by now  and searched for food. She found a river close by and dropped her handmade pole. When she returned, she noticed three sound ninjas standing afar from their hideout.

      She walked over to the middle sound ninja making sure there was a huge distance in between,"Can I help you?"

     "No you can't," He thought for a moment. "Actually yes. Wake up Sasuke. We want to fight him."

     "He is in no condition to fight, as you can see. And I know Orochimaru is behind all of this." She replied, placing the cooked fish next to Naruto and stepping up.

    The ninja standing on the right, smirked. "Oh now we can't ignore you. I will have to kill the girl and even kill the Sasuke guy." He threatened.

      He stepped a little until the middle ninja said, "Wait Zaku." He bent down to uncover her trap. She smirked when he said, "So she threw the kunai here so the squirrel wouldn't get caught in the trap. Let's kill her."

    She took her kunai and cut the string next to her and heard them gasp as they looked up, a log heading straight for them. But Goku broke the log with his jutsu into smithereens.

     "To be blunt, you have no talent at all. People like you should try harder." He said as they edged towards her. She reminded herself she didn't have much chakra. Her neck still burned and she had a fever. Pushing her thoughts aside she quickly managed to pull a wind barrier in front of Sasuke and Naruto, hoping it would protect them until they regained consciousness.

    What surprised her was a mob of green blocking her path. Rock Lee stood in front of her in a fighting position. "It looks like you three should try harder."

     "Who are you?" Dosu asked.

     "I am the Leaf's most handsomest blue devil, Rock Lee!" Sakura had to surpress her smile.

    "Why are you here?" She asked.

    "When you are in danger, I will appear anytime," He told her. "It was thanks to you. Now go." He urged the squirrel onto the ground. Sakura watched as Lee fought with the enemy. He went barrage on Dosu but Zaku had sent air into the ground making his landing soft. She had to admit,  Lee had gotten stronger. She remembered the seven year old who was desperate to learn and fight.

   "As I thought, you move fast. But our move is the speed of sound  and it exceeds yours. I will teach you there is a wall you can't pass by even with hard work," Dosu sakd as Lee fell to his knees and a trail of blood came out of his ear. He held up his right arm.

    "There's a little trick in my attack. Just dodging it won't help. It's  the sound.  You dodged my fist but the sound attacked you. Do you know what sound is? Vibrations. Being able to hear something  means your eardrums catch the vibrations in the air. And the human eardrum will shatter anything over 150 decibels. An opponent will lose his sense of balance. You won't be able to move your body for a while." He explained as he looked at Lee. His gaze went to Sakura who was standing with a kunai.

Distant |Sakura Fanfiction|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें