18 | The Survival Test

18| The Survival Test

• • •

    Sakura woke to the birds chirping nosily outside. Today was the day of the test and she wasn't going to go now, knowing that Kakashi would come late. She decided to eat some breakfast even though Kakashi had forbidden it.

    She wasn't going to listen , because if they didn't eat breakfast how will they pass the test? After all she needed energy to win this 'test'.

    Sakura quickly took a shower and brushed her long hair to the side. After a new pair of clothes were worn, she headed out.

     The house seemed so empty, just her and no one else. Chi had been in her wolf form for quite some time refusing to get out in human form. Sakura wouldn't blame her after all the incidents that have happened in the past.

     Tsunade had also blocked her sharingan for quite a while so it wouldn't come out at most times. Sakura groaned loudly as the bright sun hit her eyes. Walking silently, she found herself on the roof accompined by Sasuke .

   "Good morning, Sakura-chan !" a cheery voice broke her train of thoughts.

    "Morning, Naruto,"she got an awkward stare from Naruto and she knew why. The other Sakura hadn't been treating him well .

    So she added a death glare so he wouldn't suspect  her. Even though he's dumb. So let it be that way.

   "Teme. . ." Naruto groaned with venom laced in his voice.

    "Dobe." Sasuke returned with the same voice and equal glare.

    Half an hour passed and still no sign of Kakashi .

    An hour. "I'm going home. After all Kakashi doesn't seem to be very sensei like, after all he had fallen for dobes lame prank. "
Sasuke exclaimed.

   "Shut up, teme. That prank was not lame. It was merely for fun and Kakashi sensei is . . . stupid ." Naruto added the last sentence  with much thought.

    Sakura shook her head as the two passed lightning between their eyes.

     Just as Naruto turned his back to walk home , a hand appeared on  his shoulder, causing him to yell and jump ten feet away.

    "Where do you think you're going, Naruto?", a mask smiling Kakashi asked with curiosity,

   "He-he, nowhere Kakashi sensei. I was going to find you. . . But you found me ha-ha", Naruto exclaimed with a sweatdrop, while itching his head in a nervous manner.

    Sasuke rolled his eyes and continued to stare at the trees.

    Sakura merely smiled and waved at the sensei.

     "You seem to be late, sensei", Sasuke said calmly.

     "Hmm. . . Oh yes , I had to help an old lady cross the street." He excalimed with a closed eye smile .

   He returned the answer with a 'hn' and shoved his hands into his pocket.

     "Well now that we are all here, its time to begin the test. Many student have failed this and well let's see how it goes with you. I have three bells." He said as he pulled out three bells connected to one string.

    "You will have to get one bell, if you get it, you pass. Only two are going to pass. One is going to be tied to that stump. But we'll see about that. You can use your Justus and such. No cheating will be accepted. The one who fails will be going back to the academy. There is also a timer. When it rings; the time is up.  Let's begin."