Oscar, unaware of his son's musing, shook his head as he watched Oscar walk out of the office.  "You are such a disappointment," he whispered to himself as he shook his head and rested his head against his hands.

*********

 Ah'Taria - Silver Lights District, Ward House

"What are you doing," asked Kaelen rhetorically as he walked into the kitchen to Xara spoon cookie dough onto a flat cookie sheet.

Xara stared down at the dough she was set to place in the oven and frowned.  "Kevin said that all the guys seemed to like cookies and that it would improve your mood," whispered Xara meekly as she peaked from beneath her eyelashes at Kaelen'.

"I don't like those," he snapped as he stared in disgust at the dark brown globs that smelled like chocolate and peanut butter.  "What are they anyway?"

"I'm making double chocolate and peanut butter chip cookies," she answered dejectedly as she wiped her hands a yellow and white apron.  "Kevin told me you like chocolate chips."

Kaelen walked over to peer down at the batter coldly, "Throw them away."

"B-b-but," whispered Xara as Kaelen's hand rested on the small of her back in what could only be seen as a warning.

"But what," asked Kaelen as he turned her to stare at him.  "But you want to disobey me?"

"No," gasped Xara as she stared into the fire of his hazel-green eyes.  "I've already made two batches, should I throw them away as well?"

Kaelen could smell the fear roll of her in waves and took a deep breath.  Stunned at himself he took a step back and looked toward the cookies.  "You can eat them," he gritted out as he tried to keep his inner demon at bay.

"I can't," began Xara with a shake of her head.  "I can't eat nuts."

Kaelen turned to stare coldly at Xara and arched an eyebrow, "So you made cookies you can't eat?"

"Kevin said he liked peanuts and chocolate so I thought all of you would like them," she mumbled as she tried to ease around the counter away from Kaelen.

"As if I'd believe that," sneered Kaelen as he jerked her toward him and the platter of cookies.  "Eat them!"

Xara took a deep breath as her hand started to shake as she picked up one of the cookies.  "I really can't eat nuts," she whispered.

"Right," scoffed Kaelen as he sat down and stared at her.  "Eat!"

Xara bit into the cookie fearful and started to chew.  As she swallowed she could feel her throat start to swell and leaned against the counter.

"What are you doing," asked Anthony as he strolled into the kitchen his signature gray mist swirled behind him like a cloak.

"I'm watching Xara eat the cookies she made," sneered Kaelen as he watched her take another bite into the cookie.

Anthony frowned as he looked at the platter, "Oh I had a few of those earlier.  They were really good but Xara told me she couldn't eat them because she's allergic to peanuts."

Kaelen's froze as he watched Xara obediently take another bite. "Allergic," he whispered as he stared at her.  "Stop!"  Kaelen reached across the counter to grab the cookie from her hand.  "Why didn't you just say you were allergic," he yelled as he watched in horror as she began to cough.

"I -," gasped Xara as she tried to take a deep breath.

"Oh my gods do we have something," yelled Anthony as he glared at Kaelen.  "What is wrong with you," he reprimanded as he hurried around the counter.  "You were always the one that seemed so level-headed."