Chapter 6: Sadness beyond the Happiness

Tetsumi had been expecting that some students would bully her for being voiceless, yet it didn’t happen at all. Probably due to her two body guard whom she claims to be her step brothers instead. Even so she was alone no one dares to go near her. She sighed that she could finally breath both the red head and the midnight blue haired had been arguing around her.

I’m glad I was able to escape them for a while… well who couldn’t, both are arguing not minding everyone around them… Tai-chan is my classmate but unfortunately for Dai-chan we’re not… well that would be better so that they wouldn’t argue over and over.

Since she couldn’t talk she’s been always talking to herself. A thing she isn’t used of doing.

As she was walking by that gym, a ball bounce toward her, however she effortlessly catches it.

“Nee~? Are you alright?” A familiar blond ran toward her, suddenly she remembered the blond who she would look after every morning. A smile was painted on her face.

It’s him…

The blond panted as he was already in front of the bluenette. He smiled at her as she smiled in reply before giving the ball.

“Nee~? You must be Kuroko Tetsumi! They did say the truth, you’re adorable!” There was a huge grin on his face while the bluenette simply giggled.

“Oh I’m sorry for talking so much Kuroko-san, I forgot you couldn’t talk…” He titled his head as the bluenette smiled a little. She started writing on a sky blue notebook with white roses as it’s design, as she took it from her pocket the blonde’s attention was  completely on what she is doing.

She took the blue pen that was on her ears, it was somehow cute because of a white rabbit sitting on the tip of it. There she started scribbling on the notebook.

It’s okay’ the blond smiled as he  reads the few words that was shown willingly to him.

She started scribbling on the notebook again as the blond waited for her to show the notebook again. Once again she lifted the notebook showing it to the blond.

‘Thanks for the compliment.’ Along with the words were cute drawings of rabbits it may not be considered to be a professional’s art but if someone sees it, it could have a couple of good compliments.

“You’re welcome… well if you don’t mind could we chat a little… it’s pretty boring here and besides practices are over.” She nodded in reply as the blond had that smile again.

Under the shade of a cherry blossom tree, the two sat down the grass land. They have been chatting for a while. Since there was an event held at the school that day students  doesn’t have a classes, though they are required to wear their uniform.

‘How would a popular guy like you be bored?’ She ask by writing on the notebook again.

“You may say I’m popular! But the truth is I don’t have a single friend…” The bluenette froze for a moment, it is true that those who are the happiest people are mostly the saddest.

“You see Kurokocchi, people think I’m just a show of… I joined different sport clubs yet I never became interested in them, I was chase by girls everywhere but I’m not close to even one of them… only basketball itself makes me happy…” The blond  stated, he was completely sad as he stated his story but as soon as the word basketball came out from his lips, he smiled. The bluenette then titled her head.

“Eh? Kurokocchi! Don’t feel sorry! i’m really thankful that I get to share it specially I have been keeping such feeling! It has been a while since I talk to someone like this, I couldn’t help it!” The blond flustered yet the bluenette simply smiled in reply. There was then a short silence.

“Nee~? Kurokocchi , why did you lost your voice?” The bluenette titled her head as she started writing again. It took a while before she handed the notebook to the blond.

‘Ki-chan, you know, I had a wonderful voice back then… I would often play a piano while I sing… but everything change when I undergo a surgery, since then my treasured voice disappeared so are my dreams.’ Kise paused feeling sorry of himself, why did he ask such thing on the first place like him behind such lovely smile is sadness, both are gradually equal.

“But you know kurkocchi, right now I’m imagining of you singing! I could imagine you have an angel like voice!” She smiled hearing this as she started writing again.

How did you say so?

“ Because you look like an angel yourself!” She was very pleased of what she is currently seeing, the person in front of her was like a sunny sunshine. Once he shines it inspires or gives hope to everyone just like the sun that gives hope every morning.

Now she is hatting herself for lying to such honest person, but she couldn’t say the truth after all.

“THERE YOU ARE!” Two familiar voices interrupted their conversation, both those tall teens who’s always tailing on the bluenette.

“We’ve been searching all over for you!” Kagami said panting.

“Yeah even Bakagami got lost…”

“No I didn’t! you’re the one who got lost, Ahomine!”

“I did not!”

‘Just leave them alone Ki-chan, they’re just idiots…’ Kise chuckled he was already confuse of what happened after all.

“We read that!” They said in chorus again.

Both continued to argue it took a while for the two knights to stop arguing.’

“I see, Tetsu you’ve got yourself a friend…” Aomine said to the bluenette obviously preferring to the blond. “Well Kise, thanks for looking after my little sister.” Aomine added before shifting his gaze to the blond.

“OUR SISTER!” Kagami corrected.

“Yeah whatever.”

“It was fun being with her after all, so it’s fine.” Kise replied.

Let’s chat again sometimes Ki-chan!’ Tetsumi message him before completely leaving along with her two knights. Kise smiled after finally meeting a friend.

Nice meeting you Kurokocchi~!