-twenty-three-

23 | Downpour

"You're such an idiot, Wonwoo!", Seungcheol yells.
"Hyung...", Wonwoo gulps, looking at his hyung. The older runs up to him, grabbing him by his collar and shakes him around.

"She thinks it's all her fault that her brother died, she thinks that nothing is good in this life! She blames everything on herself", Seungcheol grits his teeth, his eyes stinging. "Taehee...she's falling apart"
"Hyung, let go please", Wonwoo begs weakly, biting his lower lip.

"Because of you, Taehee is going to leave Korea. Because of you, I can never see her smile or laugh! Because of you, she's going to leave me!"
"W-What do you mean?", Wonwoo stutters.

"Are you really that stupid?! Taehee pulled out of the contract!! She's moving back to the US!!", Seungcheol screams with anger.

"S-She did?"

"She did! It's all because she believes that her brother's death was her fault and she's suffering because of you! No matter how much I tell her that it wasn't her fault, she doesn't believe me!", he screams, rage in his voice. "I want to tell her that everything will get better, I want to be the one she keeps in her heart but no, I can't be"

"Why, hyung?", Wonwoo asks quietly, looking down at the floor. Seungcheol breathes heavily, his grip tightening on Wonwoo's collar.

"Because she loves you and only you. Because she can't move on, because she's completely in love with you. And like an idiot, I fell for her. Like an idiot, I thought I had a chance with her. And yet after everything you did—", Seungcheol tries to hide his tears, "she still loves you. After being the reason why Taehyung died, why he committed suicide, she still loves you", he lets go of Wonwoo's collar, breathing heavily.

"I don't know why she loves you...you bastard you. You showed your mom the recording, you were the reason why she's in so much pain!", Seungcheol punches the side of his face, making his lip bleed. "And I can't do anything to make her smile"

Seungcheol shoves him an envelope, glaring at him. Wonwoo looks at his hyung, touching the mark lightly and holds the envelope.

"W-What's this?", Wonwoo stutters, opening the envelope. He takes out the papers, his eyes growing wide.

"I'm quitting. I can't stand to be near you now", he brushes past him, anger overflowing.

"B-But hyung...you're my friend—"

"Never call me 'hyung' ever again. And what friend?", Seungcheol turns around to face him, shaking his head with a pained expression. "What friend? I think the Wonwoo I knew disappeared a long time ago", he exits the house, slamming the door behind him.

A thousand things run through Wonwoo's mind, the pain he feels in his heart is all to great.

Seungcheol is in love with Taehee, and I just ruined his chances.

He clenches his jaw, tightening his fists and tries to keep his tears from falling down.

"Y-You're the reason why my brother died?"

Wonwoo freezes in place, looking up slowly to only find Taehee standing there.

"You were", her voice cracks, her tears stinging. "You gave Haejin that pin, the pin that led to his death"

"Taehee...please let me explain", Wonwoo runs up to her, putting his hands on her shoulders.

"Get off of me!", she pushes him off, glaring. "Do you really hate me that much to lead my brother to commit suicide? To make me be alone again?", she starts to cry. "Are you happy that you got your revenge?! Are you happy that my brother got accused for something that he didn't do?!"