-four-

04 | Jerk

"Eunha, did you make this?", Jihoon asks, looking at the abundance of pastries on the counter. The other staff members look at all of the food-- Strawberry Danishes, chocolate scones, banana bread, blueberry muffins, and apple tarts.

"Of course I did! I hope you enjoy them, I don't really know what you guys are allergic to or what you don't like, but this was to show my appreciation for your kindness that you have given me for the past week", Eunha cleans off her hands, fixing her bun.

"Even when Wonwoo was being a jerk?", Soonyoung looks up at her in disbelief.

She nods, "Even though Wonwoo is being unbearably mean, I'm still happy that you have all been trying to make me smile whenever I'm sad. I'm glad that at least he's friends with such sweet people that have the generosity to make me feel a little better."

"You really didn't have to do this for us", Seungcheol looks at her, feeling guilty.

"I wanted to, Seungcheol-ssi. So don't worry about a thing. Now eat up! I'm going to get ready for my interview", she flashes a smile at them, trotting up the stairs in her bunny slippers.

Seungkwang bit into a Strawberry Danish and his eyes immediately lit up.
"OH MAH LORD"

The others judged him, thinking that it was a complete werido. Soonyoung ate a blueberry muffin, and his mouth hung open.
"BROOO EUNHA CAN COOK!"

The leftovers shrugged, taking a bite from all of the different pastries. Everyone looked each other in the eye, there expression amazed and full of pure joy.

"EUNHA!! GOD BLESS YOU", they all screamed in unison, chomping down on all of the things she baked. They made fresh coffee, clinking their mugs and chatting happily, their smile and attitudes never going down.

"I heard you guys screaming, is it good?", Eunha chuckles, walking into the kitchen.

"Of course it was! Where did you learn to bake?", Seungcheol sighs in awe, taking another bite of his muffin.

"My mother taught me how. My father told me that our baking was so good that my mother and I should've opened a bakery so ever since I was 7, my mother and I always dreamed about opening one", she responds, her voice shrinking towards the end. "Anyways, how do I look?"

"I bet you look fine--woah"

They all turn around, their food dropping out of their hands as they see her. She smiles in embarrassment, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. The guys look at her in awe-- her beautiful figure wearing a white blouse with a light blue skirt, her dark, long hair curled and her eyes shining.
"Do I look good?"

All of the guys nod in awe of the beautiful girl in front of her, their eyes only focused on her.

"You look beautiful", Seungcheol mumbles, his breath taken away from the sight of her.

"Thank you", she smiles, walking up to him. "I feel like it's too casual for an interview, don't you think?"

"Of course not! You look amazing!", he quickly states, looking down at her.

"I've seen apes who looked 100x better than you"

Eunha inhales sharply, closing her eyes. She turns around to face Wonwoo, clenching her fists whilst trying to smile at him.

"Well, I think you look good", she grits her teeth, her smile too forced. She wished that she was lying, but she can't lie that he did look cute in his white button up with an oversized grey cardigan thrown over his shoulder. "Now if you need me, I'm going to drive off to my interview", she brushes past him, bumping shoulders with him. She puts on nude colored flats, getting her white purse and heading out the door. Once she makes it to the hotel's garage, she spots her small white car and heads into it.

"Ugh! He's driving me crazy!", she tugs on her hair, flailing around in her car. "Who raised him? He's such a spoiled brat I swear!"

She huffs out a breath before starting her car.
"I can't wait to prove that jerk wrong. I'll get hired and rub it in his face."

☼☽

Eunha walks home depressed, tears filled in her eyes.

"Why did this happen to me?", she wimpers, wiping away the mascara running down her cheeks.

The beginning was pretty smooth sailing, but then things started getting interesting. Once it was time for the other main reporters and broadcasters to see your skills, someone spilled their hot coffee all over her which burned her and also made her late to the second test. After being almost 10 minutes late and the brown stain not leaving her blouse, they asked her to ask what was happening in the small video that was shown. She gave a pretty good response and added a little spice to it while telling the truth, but the person right after her completely changed it and saying her view of it was wrong. He gave the reporters a completely fabricated and intricate story, and they actually believed it. She didn't get the job and to make matters even worse, her car broke down so she had to get it towed and the guy wanted to get paid right then and there which caused her to not have enough money to call an Uber so she had to take a bus then walk home. It started to rain which just made everything awful because she didn't bring an umbrella, but then a car made a sharp turn which drenched her. It left her a dirty, drenched and miserable walk as she entered the penthouse.

"I-I'm home...", she mumbles, taking her flats off and chucking them into the trash, not able to be salvaged.

"What happened to you?", she hears a voice mocking her.

"Can you not?", she turns around, on the verge of tears. "I've had a bad day, can you save it for later?"

"And why? I'm still not done", Wonwoo slowly walks up to her, his arms crossed over his chest.

"It's almost been an entire work week sense I've gotten here and you've been mean to me whenever you see me. Can't you just save it for later, I'm begging you", she pleads, her voice broken and exasperated.

"This is payback for everything you've done", he stops right in front of her, looking into her puffy eyes.

"And what was that?! What did I do that was so bad?!", her voice shakes, her body cold and weak.

"For your mother exsisting, your father. But most of all-- you. You have always been my problem and you will always be my problem. Lim Eunha, I hate you and whenever I say it, I mean it. I can't stand to look at you without feeling pain, without feeling remourse. I want my revenge, so I'm making your life hell", he says coldly. "And I'm glad that you failed your interview, just to show how pathetic and useless you are. I'm glad that you got rained on, that hot coffee spilled all over you and how everything went awful for you. You will never get that job and you will never become successful-- it just shows you how worthless and stupid your existence is", he pushes past her weak figure, not sparing her a second glance.

"And why is my exsistance bad?", she stops him. "Why do you think you have the right to say that about my parents? What makes you think they're that bad?", she turns around to look at his back.
"People like you are the worst. Making assumptions that have no fact behind them, no evidence.", a tear slips her eye. "Don't you understand that my life has been hell for the last 12 years? That everything to everyone seems like it was my fault for existing? For my father and mother for existing?"
"You're lucky that you grew up privliged, you grew up nicely while some of us had to suffer more than one young child should. People like you, they shouldn't exsist because they are truly the real problem"