-twenty-two-

22 | Deeper in Love

Wonwoo wakes up in a quiet house, feeling the coldness run through the place as he walks down the stairs. All of the workers look at him, Minghao smiling weakly.

"Morning, hyung", he greets, trying to brighten up the place. Seungkwan glares at him, telling him to shut up. The front door suddenly opens, Hoshi walking in with someone familiar.

"Jonghyun? What are you doing here?", Wonwoo asks, confused. The older doesn't respond, sitting at the table and lowers his head. "Where's Taehee?"

"Didn't you hear, Wonwoo?", Jun asks him, looking into his eyes. Wonwoo shakes his head, taking his seat at the head of the table and takes a sip of water. A sudden silence fills the dark room, rain hitting the windows hard as all boys stay quiet.
"Aren't you going to tell me?", Wonwoo asks, breaking the minutes of deadly silence. The others look at each other, none of them wanting to speak up. "Well then...spill"

"Taehyung is dead"

Wonwoo's eyes widen, putting down his glass as his heart rate accelerates.
"Y-You're joking, right? If you are then good one", he tries to chuckle, trying to pretend that it's all a joke. He looks into all of his friends eyes, seeing all of them look down. "Minghao, tell me this is a joke"

Minghao's smile vanishes, looking down and shakes his head. "Taehyung...he committed suicide. Jonghyun and Mingyu's team interrogated him in the beginning of the week but the other officers believed that they could've done better so the other officers went all bad-cop on him. They made him go crazy...to the point he cried", Minghao says quietly.

"I heard Taehyung scream, saying that it wasn't him, that they were mistaken. But they kept on bringing up...Taehee", Jonghyun continued, looking into Wonwoo's eyes. "They said that she would've been disgusted with his actions, saying that he's a monster. I heard Taehyung cry so much. And then when we were escorting him out, people started calling him awful things, throwing eggs and trash at him, cursing at him"

"B-But he did it, right? He killed those people and lied to all of Korea saying that he was some hero when he was a murderer. Don't you think he deserves it?", Wonwoo asks the older. Jonghyun scoffs, shaking his head and stands up.

"Taehee doesn't deserve you. You're just like your mom, you know that?", Jonghyun scowls, infuriated. "Taehyung never killed those people! Taehee found out that he was nowhere near that sight where those people were killed. He drove his friends home and allowed them to stay with him. On the side I interrogated both Jungkook and Jimin with a lie detector and they weren't lying. Taehyung never did it"

Wonwoo pushes himself away from the table, gulping loudly.
"H-He didn't do it?", he asks quietly, balling his fists. "When did Taehyung...how did..."

"According to Mingyu, he was driving Taehyung back to the detainment center but he asked him if he could stop and the Han Bridge last night. Mingyu complied and stopped the car. The next thing he knew, he was trying to stop Taehyung from jumping off. Mingyu...he's scarred from that moment. Do you know what Taehyung told him?", Jonghyun asked, but not bothering to wait for a reply.

"'Tell Taehee I'm sorry for leaving her. But with everything...I can't go on. Tell her to meet someone that won't leave her like I am...tell her to meet someone who isn't cowardly. Tell her to be strong and keep on living...tell her to keep on going as Lim Eunha so it won't hurt as much, so that her life will continue to be normal. Because with my life-- it'll never be normal again. No matter how hard she'll try to clear my name it'll never work because even though my name may be cleared...everyone will still view me as how they viewed our father-- a monster until his death bed. And just like me, they'll view me as a monster until I die'", Jonghyun gulps.